Can you install msn, messenger on windows 3.1?

Can i install
Msn messenger on it? I know messenger is a, 32 bit but theres an update that allows you to run 32 ,bit programs?

From looking at this list of Win32s-compatible applications, I can safely conclude that any version of MSN Messenger isn’t gonna work on Windows 3.x. Not even MSN 1.x would work.

@OhHelloThereImTheGuy probaly because w3.x runs on top of ms-dos and in 1999 microsoft was already killing it

A more logical reason would be that MSN Messenger most likely contains API calls that Win32s didn’t implement in the thunk.

@OhHelloThereImTheGuy yeah , that can be the reason too

I’m going to test MSN 1.0 with Win32s anyway, because why not? :stuck_out_tongue:

@OhHelloThereImTheGuy iam planning to install windows 95 in virtualbox , and i will test it

Windows 95 is 32-bit.

Windows 3.1 is 16-bit.

Actualy i saw a vid on yt that a guy was talking about 3.1 and i saw msn on windows 3.1

Where?

And are you sure? :stuck_out_tongue:

@OhHelloThereImTheGuy but i think that exist a 32-bit version of windows 3.1 , i can be wrong but i think that i already see one time

That would be Windows NT 3.x(x)

Yes im sure it was called, messenger and the 90s icon was

That’s if you installed Win32s. :stuck_out_tongue:

or install windows 3.11 on crack (aka nt 3.51)

@yellows111 oh yeah , iam pretty sure that msn messenger 1.0 work in NT 3

I think I could examine this for myself if @anon74637124 would at least give us the source of where he saw this.

@OhHelloThereImTheGuy maybe i can test it in wNT3.1 , maybe he say nt 3.1 and thinked that was w3.1 ( alot of 3.1 )

I mean, he saw this somewhere. He didn’t do this himself. So why doesn’t he just tell us where he saw this? :stuck_out_tongue:

Because idk where, is it