[Archive] After a year of being puzzled, we've finally got the WLM 2009 problem solved!

good luck then

Good Luck for all Escargot team

Good luck escargot team!! I’M waiting about 2 years, for wlm 2009!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

good to see progress is actually sparking back up :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, you’re right, @WLMKid :slight_smile:

It’s near end of March 2020, and still not released yet. :sob:

@OhHelloThereImTheGuy How’s the progress and when it’s gonna be released?

theres no release date yet, and ohhey is working on patching the clients

Okeh :expressionless:

it might come out in summer or fall (autumn for you vancy folk) , but idk

@WLMKid’s comment was also made a year ago, and considering how much we have to finish up (not much), his comment is still pretty much an exaggeration. Then again he tended to do that.

2 Likes

Yo pienso que no se debe especular tanto n.n saldrá cuando deba salir. Mil cosas pueden pasar por eso no hay fecha estimada.

2 Likes

BTW @TwilyHoney not much has to be done for the release in general but there’s a bug in our new patching component being used when the new server update is out that prevents it from working properly with MSN on anything from Windows XP - 7 that’s holding us back a bit (unconfirmed on 8 and 8.1, and for some reason the patches work perfectly on Windows 10). I’ve yet to figure out how to exactly pinpoint the issue, and while I asked @TReKiE if he could look into the issue he hasn’t gotten to time to do that yet. Hoping it can be addressed soon though.

7 Likes

Compatibility Issues?

Okaaay, thanks :pleading_face:

Pretty much. Weird though as we’re using Detours for the API hooking and that’s pretty much a product of Microsoft’s (It’s 3.0 which is a bit recent but eh).

i mean like 20% of escargot users use windows 10 (me included) anyways so

Also should’ve noted this behavior was observed through VMs so I’ve wanted to make sure my results were accurate by using my spare Vista laptop to test but haven’t gotten around to it yet.

VMs are just emulations of the real thing, you should maybe try using them on a real machine to make sure it’s not just the VM’s fault

That’s what I just said lol.

O H W A I T , lolza. i’m sorry B)

It’s fine lol. :stuck_out_tongue: