After Flash Player is discontinued after December 31, 2020, what we will do when we send winks?

Flash player.msi

A version of Flash to automatically either uninstall itself or stop working after 2020-12-31T00:00:00Z

2 Likes

I actually have a 14 GB .7z file full of various Flash versions even for android on my Google Drive.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v6FvHYvK300hqAwHVovoGr3OBN_wyIPA/view?usp=drivesdk

Caution: It’s an SFX (Self extracting archive) that means it’s an .EXE

5 Likes

latest?,coz,i,have,flash,8

Archive last updated: January 2020

Yes, the latest version of Flash.

I found SuperNova Player for any browser in order to continue using Flash content: https://www.getsupernova.com/

1 Like

not sure it works with activex content tho… for that you need a old enough version for that(and not updating it)

I before have week may some other how Flash player shocker feel can’t hope hmm
I have Got use " SWF Game " backup take some one pick memory card or pendriver easy save… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i dont get why all this fear that it will stop working wont be usable, IT WILL STILL WORK after 31 december, no need to panic,
the tech news websites are scaring people for nothing but just a end of support wich means still works but no updates, wich is ok, its not unsafe at all.
its unsafe if you use it on a computer with sensitive data of a business/company wich mean people or other business may be interested on stealing it, other than that its not important to be so paranoic about security updates.

4 Likes

Uh when flash dies the program itself doesn’t stop working, plus msn’s winks use flash 10 for ie.

1 Like

logging back on to say this one thing, and then I head back to the super sargasso sea;

you are wrong.

every build of Adobe Flash Player released after february-march 2020 has a timebomb built inside it. the people at Flashpoint don’t know when it goes off, but it’s believed to be some time after December 31st, 2020 but before January 2022.

it causes this image to pop up;

clicking on it results in being directed into a page informing you about Flash’s end of life. it 403s at the moment, but I ensure you that it won’t in the future. if you don’t believe me, you can test it for yourself, or read the logs in the Flashpoint server here.

1 Like

That’s a very cool find.

1 Like

Hey my guy the only solution could be that converting anything to HTML 5 files and nothing will be bad as long as we convert the winks

Nope, the winks need a stamp, you cant modify the cabs and change swf to html5, the only solution is archive a Flash.msi, the msi has all the necessary pack and use browsers compatible with the plugins, for example comodo dragon, palemoon continue to be updated and they have said that they will continue to allow the plugins (comodo dragon is based on chrome)

Wait I saw appledoo post again

Wait did you had a Liiverse account?

I just found a countdown and also, someone recommended Flash Player Version 10 to continue using winks.
https://yourcountdown.to/flash-player-1558096838

Installing Flash 10 isn’t a good idea. Why? Because Flash in Messenger used by a COM control (also known as ActiveX), which means any program, script, or WebBrowser control on Windows can run it without any permissions. Flash 10 is a decade old, and Flash is the most insecure piece of software in Internet history, so much so that history was made as every tech company agreed to eliminate it. In the next year, there are at least two Windows Updates coming that will remove the normal Flash versions, and most security vendors are already on board to start quarantining it.

Just over four years ago, I forcibly removed Flash from my own machines and any of my clients. However, I wanted to keep seeing winks, which is why Messenger Flash Reviver exists. This is how I’ve been using winks for the past four years without Flash installed, as it links Messenger to its own portable Flash version, and eliminates the vulnerability of having Flash, as it’s completely separate and can’t be used by other applications or scripts.

5 Likes

Thank you. Once i install an Windows Update patch to remove Flash, i will start to use Messenger Flash Reviver.

1 Like