[Archive] After a year of being puzzled, we've finally got the WLM 2009 problem solved!

LOL no. Messenger will still keep your settings and stuff. As for if it has anything to do with the current bug people are experiencing with custom emoticons, display pictures, etc., then no. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

But when you think will be released. And don’t tell me about valtron.

As I’ve said before, I have no idea. Everything for the new release is dependent on him and since he hasn’t gotten the time to start preparing for it, I can’t even make as much of a prediction of when he’ll start. :confused:

5 Likes

Ok…

So i want to make msn 2009 server very soon. What i would need? :stuck_out_tongue:

There you go.

Man, I sure do love it when you type out everything people need in detail and they still dont get what they need.

Well, i can understand, Back when Resee wrote his tutorial, It was before Python released 3.7, when they released it, It didn’t work, Even though his (now uneditable) post said “Python 3.6 or higher”, it said “higher”. People downloaded 3.7 and now started to get errors regrading funcli.py

if I make my own wlm 2009 server, will I have my contacts, what image do I currently have in 8.5? And when I do that, I only do it once? Or do I always have to have the server program open? :stuck_out_tongue:

If you create your own private server, you will not have any previous saved contacts.

Creating your own WLM 2009 server is the equivalent of creating an entirely different Escargot server, so your account on the public server won’t synchronize with your local instance. Also you have to have the server running on your computer if you don’t want to bother with restarting it every time, so if your friends do end up using your server with WLM 2009 support, minus all the hassle you have to go through with getting them to install your server’s expires-in-30-days certificate for HTTPS services and adding HOSTS entries that will probably brick Microsoft login, etc., if your computer isn’t on or running the server software they won’t be able to connect. Also to stress for the millionth time, the upcoming release is still a WIP, so one, in order to manage group chats outside of Messenger, you’d have to either manipulate the data in the database directly or set up an instance of the new (and also WIP) Escargot site (not recommended) just to be able to manage them, and two, in the event bug fixes or other additions are introduced to the code, you’d have to go back and update your server just to have those updates, which can probably complicate things more if you don’t know what you’re doing.

BTW 2009 syncs with your account data on 8.x (and versions before I assume) so it’d still have your account’s display picture and stuff. Obviously with your real Escargot account that’d be when the updates and patches are live. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Interesting… Activity service works on '09. Doubt any internal changes are involved but that’s still cool. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

After a year of being puzzled, we’ve finally got another year of being puzzled and now we searching for @valtron

6 Likes

Lmao. So… The Hype is real Part 4 or 5?

the eventual plot twist is valtron is dead and escargot goes down with him

Why does everyone have to say that “person is dead” whenever that person isn’t active on the Internet for quite some time? I mean, i didn’t got the joke, but. anyways. let’s continue the hype. i guess?

1 Like

yea

you never watched escargot: the movie?

1 Like

is that movie of a snail going to a part of the screen to other?