Yellow/Orange Screen of Death on Windows 10! (VERY RARE)

I was playing GTA 5 on my Laptop and I made a manually BSOD (Ctrl + Scroll Lock), but then,
It’s suddenly showing Orange Screen of Death that was very rare.

(not modified at all)

it’s not very rare, but a bit Rare:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Orange+Screen+of+Death&client=firefox-b-d&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=4LexQv5wPfeTcM%253A%252CR11ILXx0yO-66M%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSMhbtl72gsl9mYQQZQIwZgiIq-NA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjWx7TH8L_nAhUPEqYKHaodC1AQ9QEwAHoECAsQAw#imgrc=4LexQv5wPfeTcM:

I got this by:
playing GTA 5 with low end mods on ThinkPad T430, using Windows 10 LTSC 2019.

But when i not playing GTA 5 or do something other, it’s showing BSOD normally.

3 Likes

i guess gta changes some system values when running? this is really weird.

Seems to suggest something related to the GPU, but it’s a manual crash, so, i’m not sure what is going on.

1 Like

I did it manual, so it’s think that i got GPU error.

Edit: I was able to get it again for second time, so it’s not too rare, It’s was possible because I play GTA 5 in 800x600 on ThinkPad and i got it again.

1 Like

an update to the kernel changes how screens of death work, it goes a little something like this

• Blue: an issue occured with the kernel itself
  • Orange: a device (or its driver) malfunctioned and is unsafe to use
  • Green: kernel crash, just on windows insider builds
4 Likes

bump

In a Chinese specially made version (because MS want Chinese government to use Windows 10), the BSOD is green (any BSOD)

1 Like

the bsod is also green in the insider builds of windows 10 internationally

why does it say that, im kinda confused

He made a manual BSOD.

theres a registry hack(?) which allows a key combination to bsod the computer

He says that he did that.

it never worked for me no matter what

it’s too late and its been very long time to edit this post but anyways.

That laptop is already destroyed anyway (sadly) but got some broken laptop and stuff, even that horrible Latitude E6420 that overheats frequently, i took the RAM from that broken T430 and another one from the broken Dell Vostro 3350 which have it’s HDD ribbon cable ripped off, combining the 8GB and 4GB respectively, making that Vostro E6420 having 12GB RAM, also repasted the thermal paste but since i ran out of them, decided to took it from the broken PS2 slim that i removed the thermal pad from them for whatever reason and put the paste on it back then, but i took some of them out from that broken PS2 slim and use that on that latitude instead, currently no charger for it so have to wait for mom to bringing that charger.

Beside, it was somewhat rare but according to wikipedia (there was citation needed), but it’s was there, it was normally caused by driver incompatibility or having issues that causing them to BSOD abnormally, but in this one case, its was triggered by playing GTA 5 on Intel HD, trying to BSOD which ended up having OSOD (orange screen) instead, probably windows thinks that the GPU must be dying even tho it’s not the case.

This Orange screen might be triggerable on Windows 11 but it’s unknown if its exist or even instead have normal BSOD.