I’m in the beta program.
Here’s a MessengerGeek group:
DRXS-1TRG

1 Like

At least I have an excuse to test the thing now. :stuck_out_tongue:

???

???

https://squirrel.yahoo.com/

LOL Now I can see what Squirrel looks like thanks to the preview Discourse supplied.

It looks like a more simplistic Discord, which is something Discord is already by itself. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol its just discord

1 Like

Яху страдает хуйнёй Го штоле, а.. | veselcraft (zakruto клосет) | VK just invite code

Still waiting for Yahoo!/Oath to come back with my invite code. :stuck_out_tongue:

Is this what Yahoo are ditching their Messenger for? It seems interesting, I’ll have to look into this.

1 Like

Looks good, reminded me a bit the Discord :stuck_out_tongue:

Only problem, though, is that one, they aren’t targeting a userbase to market this to, so it will more or less flop after it launches, and two, it’s yet again another mobile-only messenger

It does look a lot like Discord.

This is probably going to end up being forgotten. The new Steam chat coming out which looks miles better than this is going to compete with Discord and is already going to have millions of more users by default. And of course both mobile and desktop.

1 Like

From what I’ve observed, Steam’s chatting feature will probably go a long way in improvement. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

i already use the new steam chat

it’s aight

2 Likes

I don’t like mobile only messengers. those hurt me with its phony tech ways. :stuck_out_tongue: it’s not even a real messenger when programs are for only a device that people put in their pockets and not on a desk in my opinion. (:laughing: LOL phony … phony = phone gosh I make the bad jokes sometimes)

1 Like

Making it mobile only sucks. I’ve had problems in the past where I haven’t had my phone with me and I’ve wanted to access certain messaging programs on the web, but then I find out they don’t even have a web client. This new service also looks like a knock off of Discord, which I don’t like that much anyway.

4 Likes

Whatsapp also has this problem. It is more convenient for me to type messages from a computer than from a phone, so I use telegram.

I would rather have a computer client anyway because typing on a small device is bad for me. it’s worse on a device that has no physical keyboard because my hands and wrists hurt when trying to type on a virtual keyboard. that’s why I chose blackberry because it has a physical keyboard which makes it not painful. but it still is bad. I prefer is a big keyboard with pushable keys. but even if I have a keyboard attached to my phone it won’t make a difference because I’ll dislike typing on a small device anyway. so having a messenger on phone is only convenient for me when I don’t have my computer with me at where ever I go. soon I won’t even be in my home and will be somewhere else for a vacation. that makes the phone messenger convenient because dragging a computer with me is a big fat no. I’d be afraid those bastards at the airport would take my computer away from me just because they can. not so much the phone because I can cancel my phone card and get a new phone card and a new phone. LOL

I hate typing on my smartphone too. Sometimes I’m lazy so I’ll use the voice recognition thing to type my messages for me. It just feels satifsfying typing on actual physical keys.