Yahoo Messenger Server of links ip

Hello, im dennis from a discord server called yahoo messenger classic team, i was trying to fix the old version of yahoo messenger from march 2020, it all started when i ran yahoo! messenger 8 on an old laptop i had and i was logged out by yahoo because i had the internet connected, so i raged a bit and decided to try doing this, over these months i always discovered something new on how yahoo worked, from the first discovery of the config server that gives the update screen on yahoo messenger 8 + to finding yahoo login supernodes, a friend of mine also helped me on this project, now what i found is that yahoo goes to different list of supernodes server hardcoded into the exe itself, but with a blank database in the appdata you can make it go only to 6 supernodes that are wrote near the login servers in the exe and you can look at them in deobfuscated version of yahoo messenger, the one yahoo messenger was going to were 162.747.84.174 and 3 other one i can’t remember now.

What i did was a reverse dns lookup and found out the dns, in april 2019 they changed the ip for that dns to another one and it is still active in 2021, the dns is working sometimes and you can reach it, the problem is that i tried changing those supernodes with a hex editor on 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, deobfuscated version but yahoo messenger just ignores that ip, i think it is because it is not the same size as 162.747.84.174 but it is shorter so you gotta move the entire ip database a bit to make it fit, if you think that you are able to help with this then you can

Dennis Thanks!

what

Making server yahoo messenger

you should ask an administrator to change the year in your username from “2006” to “2016”, since there is no fucking way you are older than me.

harsh tone aside, reverse engineering yahoo messenger is nearly next to impossible since we know less info about the yahoo protocol.