Workaround for WMP12 on Windows 7

can someone make a workaround so the musicmatch-ssl.xboxlive.com
can be replace the old fau music services on wmp 12 on win7 that does not work anymore?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/faimusicmetaservicesmicrosoftcom-is-down-and-is/a2f99b7a-90c8-4c4f-872e-3e0e9015a40d

could be worth a try if you can swap out the urls?

2 Likes

Using this knowledge, I tried this, and it does seem to fill in missing tracks and is able to query again. But despite the server’s responses being identical to those on Windows 10, the album art doesn’t seem to download.

I have access to a Windows 7-era version of the requests and the album art seems to be done by a relative path instead of an absolute path like it is now, but it’s not clear how it works exactly. Lots of other free tools to grab album art for your music files though.

If you want to try it yourself, add:
198.46.168.75 redir.metaservices.microsoft.com to your hosts file.

5 Likes

it works thank you very much!!!

2 Likes

Does not work for WPM11?

1 Like

try it yourself? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, I did the test and added the address line on hosts file, but still can’t find the media information online. I believed the same trick worked in WMP11.

yo confirmo que funciona correctamente sin embargo tengo algunas dudas por la cual la portada no la descarga pero el titulo artista y pocas veces el compositor si descarga muchas gracias por este gran hallazgo.

I confirm that it works correctly, however I have some doubts why the cover does not download it but the title artist and rarely the composer does download, thank you very much for this great find. I use wmp12 in win7 64 bits actually october 2020

1 Like

Gracias Sergio. Me alegro de que esto siga funcionando. No he tenido una razĂłn para comprobarlo por un tiempo. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

works on windows 10 1607???

1 Like

si logras encontrar una forma para poder modificar las etiquetas online de las canciones al buscarla online por favor no dudes en escribirlas por aca seguire este post.

oigan alguien sabe si ya se puede descargar windows live messenger 2009 o usar otro servidor con otro proyecto? @TReKiE

its work!

Me: Windows 10 20H2.

windows 10 does not need this workaround.
the workaround is only for Windows 7

1 Like

i know and i cant get the music thing in wlm to work

dont understand your problem.can you be more specific?

i cant get the music stats in wlm to work

Yes, work for wmp11 I tested.

1 Like

For anyone using this, due to some server changes, the IP is now 198.46.168.75 and you’ll have to update your hosts file accordingly.

3 Likes

Hey bro thank you very much for this tip. you have told me the truht. I thought why wmp 12 for win 8.1 does not work

2 Likes

there is a problem while I’m searching for media info, first appaers a message do not have validate certificate I have to click on Yes. [I have 3 wmp :smile: ].

hi bro could you help me to have more conversation with me please in engish? I would like to improve my english level skills.

1 Like

how on earth you have also wlm9 and 10 installed on the same machine?!?!

2 Likes