WLM 8 calls dont work

@TReKiE just said no. :expressionless:

In other words, after all priorities are dealt with, hopefully the Escargot dev team will look into fixing WLM voice calls. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I should clarify, if you both you and your contact have the right hardware and configuration, which you apparently do, thereā€™s no reason why the voice calling feature wouldnā€™t be reliable for you and that specific contact - that is, if the Escargot server had sufficient support to handle these 8.x call requests.

Just out of curiosity, are you referring to bandwidth usage here?

Messenger has several different codecs to choose from, but like all modern clients, it will choose the highest on the available speed of your connection, which will be SIREN at 16 Kbps. Some quick math tells me that 16Kbps should be about 7.2MB an hour. Depending on your version of Skype, the Skype software should use about 32 Kbps. With web-based clients, for sure you will see more, even beyond 64Kbps. For the sake of argument, lets say 96Kbps, which would be 43 MB an hour.

These numbers are a bit deceiving, as so far weā€™re calculating what youā€™re sending, not the receiving end, so weā€™ll double them. So the 43MB becomes 86MB and thereā€™s overhead, so lets jump it to a nice 100MB per hour.

Your average HD video stream is going to be about 3GB an hour, roughly 2800MB. So, thatā€™s over 28 hours of audio calls on the web-based client.

i understandā€¦ but skype is terrible and never leaves once you install it and handhgouts always stops itselfā€¦ we do not use video with our calls though so it feels better to msnā€¦ especially since our computers are close

1 Like

Since you are so close, why not talking personally? That is also an option.

we do, but in computers i have sound from my computer and that way we can also listen to music from my headphone so it is fun. while not disturbing anyone else aroundā€¦ if there is another small program that can connect microphone directly call to another computer then i want to know

1 Like

Escargot not want fix call microphone in msn im not happy
In 2017 and 2018 say for fix this problem but nothing!!!