Which instant messaging applications do you actively use?

Which instant messaging applications do you actively use on your PC?

• AIM
  • Brosix
  • Facebook Messenger
  • Hangouts
  • LINE
  • Matrix/Riot
  • Retroshare
  • Telegram
  • Viber
  • WhatsApp
  • Windows Live Messenger
  • Wire
  • Yahoo Messenger (new)

0 voters

Feel free to suggest other applications that could be added!

2 Likes

Missing to add Discord, League of Legends Chat and Curse/Twitch

4 Likes

Everyday, all the day, all the days i’m using MSN Messenger :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I only use Skype because there are a few friends that I still need to convince to come to Escargot =)

There’s also Steam.

1 Like

I use NetMeeting threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

Well, I’m stuck with using WhatsApp because it’s the most popular IM service here in Singapore.
(before that, MSN Messenger was the most popular)

2 foreign friends of mine do use Facebook Messenger, but that’s pretty much it. I would rather use LINE, but well… I have to be ‘compatible’ with my friends in terms of online services. I would have liked to use Google Plus (back in 2011), but all my friends would rather use Facebook, then eventually I got used to that. Maybe it’s the simplicity that makes WhatsApp the most popular IM service here.

4 Likes

Hehe, allow me to pitch in my two cents. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was planning to mainly use Skype, considering that it’s the only decent IM around these days, plus, I never really cared for using Reviver 2 w/ WLM 2012 before I realized that I had missed a great opportunity. It’s the only IM service that I created an account for as I had never really known others I knew that used any other IM services at the time, and you can pretty much tell that my Skype would be for purely making friends off the Internet.

However, around mid to late 2017, Escargot was booming, and I felt that it would be a good idea to register and get to know some people, but that wasn’t until December of 2017.

Later on, I had registered a Slack for talking to people on the Escargot dev team, and much later, I registered an ICQ account after finding out that the older versions of the client still work, and I hope to get more active on the Internet with my interests so that I can have more people to talk to that aren’t in just for the nostalgia.

Oh yeah, and if I cared enough, I would’ve registered for Yahoo! Messenger, since I was aware of 11.5 still working around 2015-2016. :stuck_out_tongue:

it would be nice if skype 5 worked in 2018

1 Like

That would work with an MSNP24-to-proprietary Skype protocol gateway, but as of now, IDK if the password is sent in cleartext, which would make the intertwining with the current Skype services possible. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nimbuzz.

Hej, I used miranda to connect to skype and ICQ, I first used it about in 2006 or 2007 because I didn’t want to have 3 programs running (MSN, yahoo and ICQ back then). Nowadays it’s kinda dead but I hope one day miranda can log onto the Escargit server, or possibly there is some old IM revival and people will come back to skype somehow.

where’s discord

While that has direct messaging features, it isn’t primarily focused on that, and rather on group chats, so Discord isn’t a true IM. Then again, that could be said for Slack, which is one of the options listed. :stuck_out_tongue: