What were your first experiences with Android?

What were your first experiences using Android it would be cool to hear your experiences on both tablet and mobile phone. I’ll start!

My first android phone:
This was my first entirely touch screen phone, after having used T9 phones prior (Those phones being the Nokia 1600, the NEC e313 and the Samsung SGH E900.) My first touch screen android phone was a Samsung Galaxy Ace (Model: GTS5830) It was handed down from my father, after my parents both upgraded to Windows phones. The Galaxy Ace (When i had it) ran Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). I remember having to reboot the phone a lot, as there was no way to easily clear the recent apps list. I remember this was when i first learned to sideload APKs, and I remember when I found out because you could install them offline, and how astonished I was. I still remember that easter egg that would show artwork by Jack Larson, that shown the android robot introducing zombies to mobile phones. Specifically this one:

My first Android tablet:
I couldn’t remember the brand name and model, but I remember that it ran Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) It ran a stock ROM and I always liked how it looked, and would prefer that interface even today. I mostly used it to play Minecraft Demo and Angry Birds. I ended up dropping it, and that somehow completely killed the tablet.

1 Like

watching youtube or something. I discovered Google Chrome on my childhood.

I remember using android for the first time on a old acer tablet. If my memory serves, the tablet used android 4.0 (or 4.1?). Today i still have it but its broken due to the screen…

1 Like

I mean like what were your first times using Android like?

Maybe if you search it up, there may still be screens available

My first phone was a Samsung Star Trios. It had the paid Gameloft and it was actually slow for its time (couldn’t even run Subway Surfers), but Temple Run, although a bit laggy, worked fine.

The camera was also not their good point, but tbh idk why a Tri-chip support on that phone ngl