What versions for yahoo will be available?

i can already see the more older versions of yahoo messenger will be up, but what about the newer ones? well, not exactly new, i guess.
the versions im talking about are the versions from… around 2007-2010. will these be available as well, or just the very old one(s)?

I think 5.0 or older?

Right now, Escargot’s Yahoo! frontend (which is still in beta, technically) supports YMSG10, a version supported in Yahoo! Messenger 5.5. That version was released around 2002, so you’ll have to stick with that when the frontend is first live. Later on, however, we will implement the later versions of the YMSG protocol to get the later versions of Yahoo! Messenger working, so not all hope is lost yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

hooray, im glad! these 2007-2010 messengers are my faves, even though i never actually used them haha (i was too young for them >_<) so finally getting to use them is a dream come true! (as you can already tell, i really like 2007-2010 internet. ah, the simpler days) :smile:

From what I can remember, Yahoo! Messenger 8.1 was released around 2006, and was the latest version for a while in 2007-2008. So that’ll be a few protocol versions in. :stuck_out_tongue:

i really wanted the yahoo messenger 11 because i used that version so much :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Looks like we’ve got a first-hand user here. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

i never saw this messenger but I’ll test, surely it will be a beautiful piece for nostalgia :slight_smile:

Guy plz stop

He is just being active. Isn’t that a good thing?

That’s good, in its own sense.

Replying to every thread in sight with no limit is a bit annoying, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

and to pass the time, and I also like to help people