We will have Extended Kernel for 8.1 and/or 7 in 2023?

another thing that came out on my mind, imagine if you have a 8.1, and want to run some apps that runs on 10 only (like in April 14, 2023)

1 Like

I don’t think that will happen.

A lot of apps now require Windows 10 not because of boosting the market share and giving Micro$oft more of your data, but because they require a lot of APIs that otherwise won’t work on Windows 8.1 and 7

Windows Vista has a extended kernel but that’s because it’s sorta similar to Windows 7 in the inside. I find it a bit weird that apps ditched Vista around the same time as they ditched XP. I’m guessing they did that because of low market share of something?

Windows 2000 has a extended kernel but that’s because it’s pretty much similar to XP in the inside. I mean, they came out a year apart from each other.

“A lot of apps now require Windows 10 not because of boosting the market share and giving Micro$oft more of your data, but because they require a lot of APIs that otherwise won’t work on Windows 8.1 and 7”

But If pick 99% of 10 components, except for explorer, and things, and make a script to detect 8.1 as 10 (except from control panel and in winver.exe, just the apps), it will not run, like, just fine?

uff whatever apps I use are oldschool then since no app yet requires windows 10