Virus from messenger plus?

Hello, I download Messenger Plus on my PC and my antivirus gave me this, really if it is a virus?

bruh
avast itself is a virus

1 Like

Get good, uninstall Avast.

1 Like

I’m sorry I’m new, so it’s a lie?

yes it’s a false positive also uninstall avast thank you

Thank you

keep your antivirus, you don’t have to listen to people on the internet anyways. the messenger plus program is getting detected as a false positive. everything is fine and nothing is ruined! :smile:

2 Likes

really , bytefence

im pretty sure that when i still had windows 7 i installed something that came with that thingy (im pretty sure)

Regardless of the software used, it’s important to know what is being detected by your AV, so you can make good choices if you think the software has detected it wrong.

In some cases, especially in less popular software, you’ll have to do some searching, but here, you can see Plus! has been detected as “Adware.YunaSoftware.Optional”. Which is technically accurate.

If you break it down, Adware, that’s easy, it’s software that will display advertising.
YunaSoftware, that’s the company that bought Plus! from Patchou.
and finally, Optional, which means it’s not forced on you, and you can opt out. Which in the Plus! installer is called the “sponsor program”.

Of course Yuna Software is gone and so is the working adware part, but that is what’s being detected.

8 Likes

NO ONE COMPLAINS ABOUT HIS AV? BYTEFENCE? " AND IN FRENCH? maybe I should calm down. But BYTEFENCE is a Virus

Complaining just puts the person on the defensive. I know you wish to help, but yelling at someone will not cause them to listen to you Instead, explain what makes it bad and offer alternatives that work for you. Personally, I find in general that Windows Defender in Windows 10 is sufficient (and can be easily tweaked to be even better than its defaults).

I had to do a little research myself, and it seems bytefence might be somewhat useful (after all, it did technically detect Plus’s sponsor program), but is generally bundled with other software, and certainly there are other options available.

Look again, David’s Lucy Lap is actually in Spanish. However, some (but not all) of ByteFence seems to be in French. It’s likely they didn’t do the translation properly/fully, which gives more credence to it not being all that great.

1 Like

sorry for the post being in french but
DĂ©veloppĂ©e par Byte Technologies, ByteFence est une suite anti logiciel malveillant lĂ©gitime qui est occasionnellement distribuĂ©e en ‘‘combinaison’’ avec d’autres logiciels. Elle est, donc classĂ©e comme un programme potentiellement indĂ©sirable (PPI).

https://www.malekal.com/logiciels-nettoyage-windows/#Exemple also read this. still in french but it’s ok