Tinkering with MSN Explorer - #1

download for the offline installer: MSN Explorer offline installer.zip (5.7 MB)

WARNING It’ll try to connect to the service via Dial-up so just click no if it tries, Also it’ll open up a few processes which i close in the taskbar. 1:Messenger 2:Dial-Up service/connection 3:The program itself (don’t close when you want to try it and what not)

Just a heads up, it can’t connect to anything as of now, you can get to the msn sign-in screen by clicking “No i already have Internet Access”, then click “No” again. then click 'Yes",“No”, or “View Certificate” (Takes a bit for it to time out and say an error happened, it’s normal). After that, it’ll then say that it couldn’t connect, then if it says try again click 'No" and then you should be at the sign-in screen. That’s the application so far, it’s an outdated version but it supports all the way down to windows 98, so we could try it on different versions of windows to see if anything is different(?), IDK just bored at the moment, hopefully it helps someone.

Major update about this project.

I haven’t worked on it since the last time I posted an update on here, and speaking of which, I don’t plan to post updates here anymore due to the fact I’ve stopped coming on here publicly. I plan to work on the project when I feel like I can possibly progress with making it work, and from now on progress will be kept secret (or if the time comes, I post updates on a different forum/site). And to be honest, this project wasn’t even a MessengerGeek thing (almost all of my personal projects aren’t) and more of a passion project that I’ve attempted and bombed on and off for the past 3-4 years, so advertising this one on here so much won’t help me a lot with not attracting so much of the community to it. I hope everyone, avid watchers of this project or not, understands my decisions and moves on from this. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

for sure man i agree.

And good lucky you will need

It’s been… 84 years (actually 3, but for the meme 84)
well, if the project is still in development, or you’re posting updates on another platform, I’d be interested to know, and especially on which social network.
Thanks,
that MSN Messenger logo fat buddy :oldtongue:

OhHey isn’t developing Escargot anymore

That’s MSN Messenger, we are talking about MSN Explorer.

Yeah
OhHey wasn’t here for over 2 years, and he stopped developing Escargot and vanished in mid 2021

here is the server responsible for reviving msn explorer:MSN Revolutions
(the development will start soon after we will have more developers)