Tinkering with MSN Explorer - #1

What I’m doing rn are just changes to MSN Explorer’s authentication services so that it can log in without M$’ servers barring the connections from older clients. And I assume that MSN Explorer has some sort of MUI interface, anyways, so that’s not much of a concern. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

MUI, as in Multilingual User Interface?

4 Likes

Yes. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

according to my “research”, the choices for MUI content is:

• Optional Extension
  • xml
  • magical web thing

If your speaking MS:

• xml
  • xml
  • rewrite the program in that language
4 Likes

and msn explorer looks so cool!!!

1 Like

Any new updates?

1 Like

4 MONTHS LATER

body seems

2 Likes

:nerd_face:

1 Like

I’m pretty much stumped until I can get some good debugging tools and a good enough decompiler to reverse engineer subroutines. This is for msnmetal.dll, since I assume that helps MSN Explorer with the UI and login frontend stuff.

2 Likes

will there be a way to get the installer to work. on my computer it says “Check your internet connection”

2 Likes

What installer are you using, and what version of MSN Explorer does it install? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

idk. but i’ll upload the files to dropbox

2 Likes

it also contains an msn messenger 6.0 installer

2 Likes

here is the link: Dropbox - MSN - Simplify your life

2 Likes

what version of msn explorer is it

2 Likes

how is the progress of MSN explorer?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, as I stated to someone else, I’m completely stuck until I get proper debugging tools, which are really expensive and aren’t worth pirating, anyway.

3 Likes

okay

2 Likes

yeah i just saw a few pics of what MSN Explorer looks like, and i really dig it. It’d be awesome to use (In my opinion), cause you could edit some of the things, via modding like adding in a spotify player function (or something) and stuff. Also what software do you need to get that isn’t worth pirating?
Also it’d be cool to use this as a AIO program cause you could implement the messenger client, E-Mail clients, and many more on the site, making it super useful for having everything in one place.

what’s that addchild.jpg and cn_child.gif? was it some kind of feature?