The following message could not be delivered to all recipients

Hey everyone !

I’m running WLM 8.5 and sometimes my messages don’t send (it says “The following message could not be delivered to all recipients”), but I can receive all the messages from other people. Is that normal ?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

This does happen sometimes.

The old official (and less likely these days) possibility is that you’ve been using the inking/drawing feature in Messenger. There is a bug in versions of Messenger prior to 2009 where after using ink with any contact, you will start to receive the “could not be delivered” message some hours (or even days, assuming Messenger is not restarted) later. In this situation, to solve the problem, you need shut down Messenger complete and restart it.

Of recent times though, I’ve seen this problem pop up and I haven’t been using ink at all. I usually just sign out and back in, and it starts working again normally. I should at some point do a bit of debugging to see if there’s more clues as to what’s failing, but so far it’s been infrequent enough that I was more interested in being able to send my message :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks for your answer !! I’m not using the ink feature, but I’m reassured to see that it’s normal haha

This has been happening for certain contacts and I’m not using the ink feature. I even tried signing in and out and restarting MSN. What should I do?

I think that perhaps in some cases it’s not necessarily yourself being the problem, but the user you’re trying to talk to. In which case it would be your contact that needs to sign out/back in. For example, earlier this week messages started coming back when I responded to a particular contact. At the time I did nothing, they signed out/back in shortly after and then messaging started working again with no action on my part.

Without debugging these situations definitively, it’s all a bit of a guessing game. However, there’s no harm in trying though :slight_smile: