The Escargot Mega FAQ (Subject to change)

At the moment, Messenger Plus! (or Windows Live Mail for Windows Live Messenger users) is the only way to get somewhat real-time mail notifications (I say somewhat because they poll for new messages and then notify you rather than stay on a TCP connection where the server could send you mail notifications by the time they’re intercepted, or in terms of POP3/IMAP, actually read the incoming mail and notify in real-time by the time it’s received). But if I’m successful with a solution to get the real account thing a reality, we could get the e-mail notification stuff dealt with server-side. :stuck_out_tongue:

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

/s

Nice to know, I always installed version 4.6 on enviroments before XP SP3 (version 7.5 on it and 8.5 on Vista and onwards) cause I thought it used a special authentication method that wasn’t supported by Escargot. I think the website needs some updates…

1 Like

wlm 2009 is hard to work with escargot

Super Slap In My BALLS

also;

escargot modifications

i.e. patching it to the server?

Yup. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, installed it, modified whatever was neccesary, but I could only login once. When I tried to login again, it stays logging in but it never ends. Any help?
EDIT: No matter, it logs in perfectly now!

1 Like

Nice to hear. :slight_smile:

1 Like

aww, so i can’t use escargot on my LG flipphone…
Sad!

Hi there, i found this searching an very old tutorial of mine about how install MSN Messenger 7.5 or Windows Live Messenger 8.5 via Wine under GNU/Linux. i remember i make it works.

With your Pre-Patches Clients, the best version to use is 7.0. because the superior versions, just make a beep sound, when a key is pressed.

i just want to make a little suggestions, you know the old and abandoned project “Emesene2”, can you download, and edit the Source Code, to make compatible with your server, please?

Under GNU/Linux i use a lot of clients to connect to MSN Messenger service like :
aMSN
Emesene
Kopete
Kmess -> Is a good client too.
Emesene2 -> My favorite :smiley:
etc . . .

Thanks for read me

is there a video out there showing people how to patch 4.7

No. And even then, I feel like text instructions would be fine. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also it’s just as simple as applying the MSN 5.0 - 6.2 patching instructions to 4.7.2009 and above. :stuck_out_tongue:

is there any program i should use

Right now, you’re stuck with a hex editor to modify the binaries with (or asking a friend who can do that for you).

But I do have plans to develop an updated version of @enhanox’s Escargot Autopatcher, so that might ease things for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

But who made, prepatched later msn versions?

nvm. i got it to work. i used the original escargot autopatcher and than set compatibility mode to windows 98 /me and than did the edit in regedit

Will there be macOS support?

Someday

Escargot’s HTTPS servers don’t support SSLv2, which is what Messenger:Mac expects when it tries to authenticate with servers. So support for Messenger:Mac will come when we find a way to get SSLv2 set up on the server-side.

1 Like

that would be great but we also need to figure out how the Mac version works before we can patch it and program servers to accept it.