Stickers from Messenger Geek (Thanks, TReKiE!)

I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux,
is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux.
Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component
of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell
utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day,
without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU
which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are
not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a
part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system
that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run.
The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself;
it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is
normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system
is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux”
distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

2 Likes

Hello, my regards. I think you’re misrepresenting the topic, but where did I mention Linux (except for the stickers on my locker)? By the way, there is a sticker that says “GNU / Linux”. I know the whole story behind the system, but it’s not a subject for this topic.

meme

1 Like

And I fell into the meme. lol

Thank you for help guys, I’ve submitted as well.
Of course, so thank you this gift, Trekie I so respect you made this gift for the community. It is a big gift. I love these people still existing.

1 Like

I agree as well.

clean your monitor please, i beg you, thats all

onto the topic, i ordered the stickers, thank you for this gift, its quite astounding you’re giving them for free.

Blame the blind-making flashlight…

i wonder if the stickers will still arrive, if it took 2 weeks for @BiNh0X, probably it’s gonna take around the same time

I think @Cartoon and I were lucky, because the Post Office here usually takes much longer to deliver international shipments.

1 Like

i waited about 2 weeks for mine

it’s true

1 Like

O O O O F

I think it depends on where U live. If Trekie uses local (Canada) post and u living in America it so faster than delivery to Europe or Asia. (I think not 100% sure)

Bruh still dont get it

Upd: oh wait i am retard i need to wait sorry

2 Likes

It depends where in America, as mail to the United States will cross the border by truck and then is at the mercy of the US post office, and then will be driven to many different states and cities before reaching its destination. Whereas mail elsewhere can be sent via air, and can be closer to its destination a lot faster before it has to go by land again.

I’ve sent mail and packages to quite a few countries over the years, and there’s only one so far that’s been consistently the worst (by time to reach destination), and that is… Argentina. Always took a month or more. Although it’s been a long time since I’ve needed to do so.

3 Likes

I am so curious how long it takes to delivery Hungary (more ex. to my address).
Usually from China to Hungary it takes 1-2 week but I don’t know what does the local post, cause the small packets are takes 1-2 months delivery to me from main packet collection service.

It takes a month or two for stuff for China to arrive for me. I doubt it would be faster from Canada, it will probably be the same.

The Wow starts now.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/573623720766078998/663750589620158465/20200106_152731.jpg
Thank you so much again @TReKiE :heart:
It took 4-5 days from Canda to Hungary, its just surprised me.

2 Likes

WOW Ah s*** got trapped by vista

1 Like