Some collabvm thing that is for some reason being easily searchable on google so I'm overwriting this title because it has been solved already

Hey everyone, made an update to the post.

Now, I came across MessengerGeek by MJD, when he talked about Escargot aswell.

Oh yeah, I remember he talking about that
Honestly if he was still active and had their own MSN chatting, would probably make it look like the Animation vs Animator 2 ā€œincidentā€

Hi, Iā€™m one of the sysadmins for the site mentioned. Found this thread and figured Iā€™d make an account to clear a few things up.

We are in full compliance with US law, as far as Iā€™m aware.

If thereā€™s any doxxing going on on our site you can report it to us using the listed email, we try to stop that stuff whenever it happens.

Any online service, including ours, withholds the right to log IP addresses of their users. We do not use this for anything other than combatting abuse and it is never seen by anyone not on our staff team

Sure, but the point of our website is that multiple people collaborate and take turns to use the VM. If you want a VM solely for yourself, software like that would definitely be a better option for you. The nature of that collaborative aspect is also why we block certain sites.

Incognito mode does not hide your IP address from anyone. Any site you visit (this forum, for example) has your IP address.

Correct, we ban most VPNs and other anonymizes due to massive levels of abuse. Iā€™ll stress again that we do not use IP addresses for anything other than abuse prevention.

When you use an online service, the owners and staff of said service have the right to ban you for any reason. Itā€™s a privilege, not a right. While we try to enforce our rules as theyā€™re written, we also allow levels of staff discretion to keep things fun.

Hope this helps

Well, that makes sense
Iā€™m gonna see when Jamie replies to it. If anything is going on, maybe I can help if anything isnā€™t really answereable

Hi, CollabVM mod/networking person here, thought Iā€™d clear up a few misconceptions.

CollabVM is hiding a secret from you, they are an illegal site that lets people bully good people.

We do not allow or support such activities, if you see anyone doing that, report it to us.

Their entire Discord is also banned too.

Iā€™m not sure what you mean by this, if youā€™re banned from our Discord and would like to appeal, you can find instructions on what to do here.

The moderators and admins are actually ā€œnot caring about the rulesā€ and just ban people for no entire reason needed.

All bans are made according to the rules published here, we maintain an internal log of every ban we have made with reasons that explain what rule was broken at the time of the ban.

The reason people use this site is to bully and get them doxxed.

We have not seen any instance of this happening, but again, if you see someone doing such things, report it to us, we will take action where deemed necessary.

People are toxic and horrible on that site.
Not safe for a kid or even a child.

We actively make sure CollabVM is safe for all ages, but do note that as per our site rules, you must be at least 13 or older to access the site. Anyone under the age of 13 will be banned due to the fact that we have to comply with US law regarding data collection from people under the age of 13.

Admins can take your IP and probably put it on the Dark Web.

We do not do anything with your IP, itā€™s only recorded so we can act upon any reports we receive. Itā€™s not and never will be shared with any third party. Also, basically every website you go to records and stores your IP for similar reasons, not just us. There is no way to avoid this other than simply not using the internet at all.

Also, they also block his site, malwarewatch.org which is very confusing.

This site was added to our blocklists due to containing malware and other malicious code. I have gone ahead and checked the site, and as of writing this response, the malicious content that it was blocked because of is still present on the site at the following locations: https://wipet.malwarewatch.org/malware/ and https://malwarewatch.org/malware. If the malicious content is removed, the site could be eligible for removal from our blocklists.

Itā€™s not possible to use a VPN to get across the site having safety, they will just detect it and ban it.

The reason for this is simple. Letā€™s say someone breaks the rules on purpose and gets banned for it. VPNs make it way too simple to evade that ban and break the rules again. Preventing VPN users from accessing the site helps make sure people cannot evade bans too easily. (In the case of a ban, the correct step would be to appeal it according to the instructions mentioned previously. We do unban people if they ask and provide us with valid reasons as to why they should be unbanned).

Thatā€™s all from me for now. If you would like to report anything to us, you can use the following email: abuse@computernewb.com, if you want to contact us regarding anything else, then email staff@computernewb.com instead.

hold up HOW DID THEY FIND MG???

Then you gotta be careful with it, because most of the toxic people I find on there are likely to say racial slurs. On such case, should I report to them?

MG getting popular from its oddest manners, so far (light) /s

Hi there, Elijah, let me tell you something about what can users do to ā€œban evadeā€

They use a feature on their phone called Hotspot, when connected gives them access to the site again. I have seen a couple people do this.

Also you need to tell your moderators to be serious and actually care about the rules.

Right now, most people use like VMware and VirtualBox as a great way to emulate Windows without having to be with people.

Also you seriously actually donā€™t take IPs and not put in the Dark Web? That is amazing.

Yes, I might also report if anyone was doxxing before.

Also I see that you are also with full compliance with US law, that is good.

Thatā€™s all I have to say. Take care

Hi there, I need to tell you a few things about the hotspot feature.

Hotspot is much undetectable because itā€™s acting as a different Wi-Fi network which lets users ban evade from the site.

Itā€™s needed to be added on the site and I just need to clear things up.

I see that that is a good idea to block malwarewatch.org because most people download there and just destroy VMs, which is pretty bad.

I also do accept that you donā€™t take IPs and not put in the dark web, which is completely good.

I do know that kids just go on the site, lying about their age to be 13. I am completely grown up and can use the site completely.

Also, you need to actually to care about the rules a little bit, since most kids break it.

Also, Iā€™m wrong about ā€œTheir entire Discord is also banned too.ā€ itā€™s just an error when I tried to enter the server to collect more info about it.

I do know a fact that you are following up with the US law which is good, also if you see anyone DDosing somebody which is a actually a normal citizen, you may need to ban them from the site.

Also if you see them using a hotspot, you need to also ban that aswell from being accessed.

Thanks, Jamie.

i mean it should be allowed for anarchy

@mina354 @Gamerappa @icanttellyou (rip) thoughts?

1 Like

We are aware of this, while we could ban this by simply blocking cellular networks, we do not as many people use mobile data legitimately when no Internet connection is available.

I mean
No idea if that could trigger the same cause of a ban issue back in 2021 (before the collabvm jail referenced gif) [I mean the one I had]

wait there was a jail thing?

I agree, Anarchy VM should allow that.

Yeah, if they had no internet connection they can simply use their phone, indeed.

Only if rule breaks come again using their hotspot.

speaking of anarchy, legally aged women who consent in partaking in adult videos??? i wanna see computer destruction and shit

Well I was first go on this website on 2017 to see what is going on but however i got banned on January 2018 (temp) and January 2023 (perm) and not to mention even when I got banned for 2nd time which is permanent, One of the admins just leaked my IP and sometimes putted it on some random, hidden dark web where some people will probably hack me. So this is why we need to shutdown CollabVM FOREVER!!! Theyā€™re secretly a bad people who deserves alot of jail time for abusing their moderation and properity. SPREAD THE WORD.