[SOLVED] Problem signing in

You running 7.0 on Windows 2000 might be the answer. But to double check access this URL on Internet Explorer (https://m1.escargot.log1p.xyz/nexus-mock). If you get a download prompt that means you can login and you just have to persuade MSN to login (aka login repeatedly). If not that probably means Windows 2000 doesn’t work as per usual.

Tested link, it works.
Though, this is quite strange if MSN Messenger doesnt work on 2000. Since 95 and 98 (tested by myself) ran MSN Messenger perfectly.

Oh nice. Means you just have to login over and over until MSN gets to your contact list?

And 9x?! This is 5.0+ or any of the versions before 5.0?

5.0+ and earlier versions.
(btw, this is like the 11th time I retried, still cant log in)

I assume this involved updates? :stuck_out_tongue:

Also I’d say try 10 more times. If that doesn’t work, stick with old reliable 1.0 - 4.7 (not 2005 - 2009) for now.

By updates, what do you mean?
(Yeah, already the 20th time trying to log, downgrading to 4.7)

I mean those Windows updates that fiddle with the system (e.g., root certificates and HTTPS) and whatnot.

Nope, afaik I NEVER updated them with Windows Updates. (95 - latest OSR 2.5, 98 - SE latest)

So what updates did you use (to get MSN Messenger 5 and up working)? Or was this all vanilla and they somehow work perfectly?

Yuuup, all vanilla. Afaik I didnt use any packages to update them also.

Also, what do you mean by this?

Versions 1.0 - 4.7 (excluding 4.7 builds 2005 - 2009, aka the Tweener builds of 4.7)

Oh holy hell what a surprise, downgrading to 5.0 actually got me logged in!

Cool. Glad to see you somehow got 5.0 working.

BTW I tried accessing the URL I gave you to test on my 98 SE VM, and it doesn’t work on IE. I honestly have no idea how those HTTPS services just work for you.

I’ll try logging in again on my 98 VM. (95 sadly broke and I cant get to restoring it) Though, not today as I dont have time.

OK. If it actually works without any extra setup I’d be surprised.

It’s very strange that MSN Messenger 7 - 6.2 dont work on Windows 2000. Any explanation you might have?

I wrote the command tracert -h 100 escargot.log1p.xyz you wrote and it came out to me Unable to resolve target system name escargot.log1p.xyz

I also tried the ping command that someone wrote to another Bulgarian with this problem and wrote me Ping request could not find host escargot.log1p.xyz. Please check the name and try againScreenshot_1

try to set up dns google on your computer

4 Likes

Thank you very much the program and my site goes without a problem I just have no words.