Say hello to openMusic

A first request, when the track ends it should jump to another and keep playing on its own. I’ve encountered lots of cool stuff by virtue of SoundCloud doing this.

why would you use discord servers to host music? why don’t you make another site that contains all of the music?

you’re trying too hard, alessio

just let him do it… :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello. I’m ecnivtwelve. I’m that bad developper that writes awful code.
We are using Discord as host because we dont have so much storage, but we will switch to our server soon.

1 Like

We are using AwardSpace .
It’s not the best host service but it’s free and it works very well.

That 000webhost tracking code is here because openMusic is based on another project hosted on 000webhost, and i forgot to remove it.

If you dont like the project, no problem.
I’m not the best developper and i need to improve.

Who’s your brother ?

Olias

1 Like

why not use infinityfree though? i mean it does have:
lots of free space
able to make staff emails
etcetc

1 Like

and you also know that if your discord account/server gets terminated, you cannot get your music back, right?

conclusion; IT’S UNPROFESSIONAL TO DEPEND ON DIFFERENT CDN SERVERS FROM DIFFERENT COMPANIES.

oof,

so, well, i think openmusic.ga is just a mess, the artists that are here are not even on youtube, which leads me to believe it’s littearly just Alessio making tons and tons of songs just for this site.

for the app, i installed the app knowing it won’t work or be broken, however it did worked, but it was just a container for “http://app.openmusic.ga/app.php”.

Olias is not on YouTube ? yes it is
clmb is not on YouTube ? yes it is
ecnivtwelve is not on YouTube ? yes it is
so if you don’t know don’t spread rumors.

And who freaking reported this as spam its just stupid.

I know that OpenMusic is not perfect, but i dont have that much time to work on it, so for the moment : yes. there is a lot of bugs, the UI is not perfect and this code is very unoptimised. sorry for that.

Then why did I tried to search them, and then I got no results?

Because you don’t know how to search maybe ?

Honestly? It’s getting kinda hot in here. Let’s not turn this into a flame thread, I think openMusic could be improved since it has a few bugs here and there, but not bad for a newly started project.

Thank you !

https://files.catbox.moe/s0tjtj.png

I can confirm the Discord CDN part (I don’t suggest using Discord as your content provider just because you can, I’m not sure if they even allow this kind of usage)

But when I tried out a song it didn’t work (checked my blocker plugins, they didn’t show that anything was blocked).

The “remove songs link” shouldn’t be just Twitter as it seems pretty unprofessional and maybe content owners will just email an abuse or DMCA one.

On the constructive side of things, I wouldn’t suggest switching pages for music, like SoundCloud they have a music player bar that stays the same when switching pages.

Now if I want to discuss the app possibilities, PWA is supposed to be the way forward if you want to build a web app and make it feel native on all devices.

There’s still a lot to be done to make the app seem good, it’s not terrible as is right now but I would stick to other websites.

dude, I CAN’T SCROLL DOWN