Revive Messenger 8.5 on windows mobile 6.1

Just intresting. But i cant find os files on emulator

1 Like

does he use another server or can we just make him connect with the escargot?

i think we can

is that pocket os or phone os? i don’t recognize the interface. i know it’s windows mobile 6.1 but which type?

It looks like the touch screen version of 6.1.

1 Like

For finding the appropriate files, you’re going to have to find a way to “break” the file access barrier and obtain system-level access to files.

As for reverse engineering the executable itself, since from what I can recall, Windows Mobile runs on top of Windows CE, it would be as easy as disassembling the application with an appropriate Windows CE disassembler.

So really, the only tricky part of this is just grabbing the .exe itself.

1 Like

So, a revival of the Windows Mobile versions is possible? That would actually be pretty neat! I actually have an old PDA with Windows Mobile 2003 SE that belonged to my dad and it has MSN Messenger on it!
PD: I’m just wondering which version…

1 Like

From the picture in the OP, it has to be some version of either Windows Live Messenger 8.5 or 2009. :stuck_out_tongue:

No, I am refering to the version on my terminal.

Oh.

Since the proper MSN Messenger apps on Windows Mobile weren’t until 6.x, you most likely have Pocket MSN, which is basically MSN Messenger for Windows Mobile 2003 and below. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know that already. I wonder in which version it is based on. It looks like this:

Why am I asking? Well, when I am finished watching a match (which was delayed because of a lights out by the way) i’ll try to see if I can make it work with Escargot. Sounds crazy, but i think it is possible.

1 Like

Either try to hack the registry in some way (yeah they still exist in Windows CE, the basis of Windows Mobile), or try to retrieve the executable with the suggestions I pitched in. :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like it might be 7.0 or 6.0. I dunno

That doesn’t help me much, but thanks! I’ll see what I can do.

Dang! This is tougher than I expected. I can’t take the file out of it. The PC doesn’t read it. Tried searching it to no avail. Tried copying to another location, and nope. I think this is it, guys. I give up.

no mess with mexican windows boob messenger mobil.

Any advice?

Forget about it. I ain’t doing so. It seemed so easy! But as they say: “Never judge a book for its cover.”

Так у тебя и не получилось заставить работать Escargot на Windows Mobile 6.1? Просто я нашел свой старый кпк и решил проверить)

Wait you found that version? Also an obvious bump.