Programs for the Ultimate/Typical Early 2010s Windows 7 System

add some gagets

yes it should work too

i dont know if many people used gadgets in their win7 desktops, but ok.

I certainly did, and I’d say it was fairly common, at least for serious PC users.

Pretty sure Microsoft knew that too, considering they re-invented it as a reason to try and get people to use Live Tiles in Win8/Phone/10 and have been actively working on the Win11 widget board.

1 Like

oh okay, cause my first machine i grew up with was from the win 8.1 era, so i never used windows 7. And that is the reason i never knew if a lot of people used those things. (i only seen if people had or not via checking the tutorials from circa 2010-2015, and from places where there was public computers, and most of them had win 7 without those gadgets)
(this may sound strange at first, but when you check that i’m almost 15, then you realise.)
But i’m now thinking that may be the basis for that app named Rainmeter. (You are probably are familiar with it, so…)

1 Like

This can just tell ya most of the answers
image Photoscape btw
image Cheat Engine btw
image OLD VERSION btw

(ALL taken from videos of that time period)

I’m pretty sure WinRAR still works on 7
And the old theme is available to download from their website

nice necrobump
also

Social: The Desktop Screenshot Thread - BetaArchive This forum is filled with screenshots of desktops from the early 2010s

1 Like

you simply saved my day! Thanks! (although its not the solution, we can still talk about stuff that can be added!)

as someone who never saw someone using MSN '09 when original servers were still on, seeing all those big offerings of MS services + a real life ad (not a escargot/microsoft ad to promote their services), it’s kind of a different feeling…

admoria should add more icons…

HyperCam 2 and Windows Movie Maker lol

Also, you can find lots of old software on oldversion.com

1 Like

lol
well, that saved me alot

hey

hey, anything you got idea to send of win7 era software?
if not, you can go back to msn/escargot.

bump here but how is your VM going by now

check this update on the first post.

oh yeah sorry I haven’t see them