Problems with Windows 7 and logging into WLM 8.1 - 8.5

Problem description: The problem is that my friend can’t log into WLM 8.1 and 8.5.

Error code/error message: error (Message translated: You can’t use the program (Windows Live Messenger) now, because your contact catalogue is not in use. Try again later. )
Error code: 81000378

What has been tried so far:
Tried earlier versions all the way back to 7.5, which seems to work… partly.

Messenger version:
8.1 and 8.5

Windows version:
Windows 7

strange. are they running service pack 1 and internet explorer 10?

*internet explorer 11 :stuck_out_tongue:

ie 10 still runs on 7 doesn’t it

I can’t seem to be able to reply to you on my other account, but they are running service pack 1, and they use internet explorer 11.

do they have tls 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 enabled

2 posts were split to a new topic: Why did Problems with Windows 7 and logging into WLM 8.1 - 8.5 get flagged?

Although different combinations will work, the first thing to check is that they have SSL 2.0 disabled and at least TLS 1.0 enabled. To do so, click the Start button, type inetcpl.cpl and press the Enter key. Go to the Lisäasetukset (Advanced) tab, scroll down to the Suojaus (Security) section and uncheck Käytä SSL 3.0 (Use SSL 2.0) then and verify that Käytä TLS 1.0 (Use TLS 1.0) is enabled. (It is highly recommend to also enable all the TLS versions for other applications.)

If a change was required, try Messenger again. If it still doesn’t work, more information will be needed to better determine the problem. As Messenger uses the same connectivity as IE, open Internet Explorer, and attempt to go to https://ebyrdromegactcsmsn.log1p.xyz. If the page appears as “The webpage cannot be found”/“HTTP 404” then it is able to connect. If instead you receive “Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage” or something similar with Diagnose/fix connection problems button, then this is why they’re getting the 81000378 code and will need to investigated further.

hi i dont know how to sent messages

Write it then press Enter

ok cool thank you

:man_facepalming: