Problems with PosReady 2009 updates on Windows XP and how to fix it

Greetings,so after searching on MSFN i found out that KB4074852, KB4134651 and KB4134651-v2 updates are problematic.
First due to newer versions of oleaut32.dll is that when downloading any archive with FF, then clicking on the folder icon to the right of the file name at the downloads list nothing happened instead of it causing a windows explorer window to open at the folder where the downloaded file were); when right-clicking on any desktop icon, selecting “Properties”, then clicking on the “Go to file” button, nothing happened (instead of it causing a windows explorer window to open at the folder where the linked-to file is) an issue with Malwarebytes Antimalware an issue with Windows Live Mail; it broke down copying files in between partitions/disks; Cannot write file. Code 10,242,7" error on attempting to scan from a Canon scanner/printer combo; the network tray icon stops working or doesn’t appear anymore … And last, but not least, Kaspersky stops working (and crashes on trying to run it)!
And another issue is that KB4074852, KB4134651 and KB4134651-v2 updates breaks the damm network tray icon!
So if your gonna enable Posready 2009 updates on your XP PC uncheck KB4074852, KB4134651 and KB4134651-v2 updates because there will problems

If you already have Posready updates enabled on your XP PC heres how to fix it.
First uninstall them go to control panel>add or uninstall programs. and check show updates.Look carefully at them and when you will find them uninstall them.
After you rebooted you have too install this patched update: Zippyshare.com - [now defunct] Free File Hosting
Password: 6K%v9Tr9ZV9K§h2b1A7$eCja5D$hU3B§vJ1YzI42P&n3"yzM
Install it and reboot.Now your pretty much safe from future newer versions of oleaut32.dll problems :slight_smile:

1 Like

The link is dead
please upload your file

i need for my windows xp

No longer needed the issue was fixed by microsoft by installing all updates on xp upto january 2019