Problems with Escargot/MSN Switcher

Hello everyone,

My brother and I are having difficulty migrating to the Escargot platform; especially with MSN Switcher.

I followed the instructions on the page of Escargot site, uninstalled MSN 2012 to continue the installation of MSN 7.5. We tried to open the MSN Switcher after installation, but the program stays open in the background and does not open definitively.(print)

I tried to continue the process through the manual method, and found no registry entry at:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MessengerService\Server. I downloaded ResourceHacker to edit msnmsgr.exe. However, I did not find any line with the sections:messenger.hotmail.com or m1.escargot.log1p.xyz, or https://nexus.passport.com/rdr/pprdr.asp and https://m1.escargot.log1p.xyz/nexus-mock.

I tried to login anyway, but I think the URL Connection still default of Microsoft/MSN. And got the error 80048820. (print 2)

Now I do not know what to do.

Thanks for attention.

Just in general, it’s probably best to use 7.0 for now, it seems to give the best experience/compatibility.

You can also just use the prepackaged version, unzip to the location of your choice and run msnmsgr.exe from there.

Woah, thanks for the quickly reply Jonathan. :slight_smile:

I downloaded the 7.0 of your link, and it seems the error of MS URL Address. print

MSN Switcher is just for polygamy or it corrects the DNS address for Escargot servers?

Ty again.

The patched version has the required DNS/host changes in it, should be all you need.

When it was the Microsoft server, this error code would mean there was a problem with the authentication part of connecting, and I think it should still mean that.

Just as a something to try, I think it might be worth installing Messenger 7.0 from the installer and then copying this version of msnmsgr.exe over to the Program Files (x86)\MSN Messenger folder.

I tried what you said, installed 7.0 from Escargot page and put the msnmsgr.exe of prepackaged version above in C:\Program Files (x86)\MSN Messenger. (overwrite)
Still returning an error, but different code. (print)

P.S: The prepackaged version worked for my brother as well. But not for me :frowning:

Edit: prepackaged version now it’s working, for somehow.
Let me ask, you are working in Escargot project/team now? :slight_smile:

Thank you for all the support. :heart:

1 Like

you shouldn’t uninstall WLM2012. you should keep it for souvenir.

1 Like

I already have. Messenger Discovery/Plus, backup since 200X.

Now I’m just facing problem with add custom emotes from friends in 7.0. :frowning:
The sound server of MSN Plus for custm sounds its not working too.

But… I’m glad at all.

1 Like