Problem with escargot chat

Problem description: So I tried downloading escargot latest version of messenger, patched and all. But when I try to install it, the following message shows up: “An error occurred while attempting to install one or more critical components. Setup will now abort.”

I’ve downloaded an older/outdated version of messenger in escargot chat too and it sort of worked? I could log in and talk with friends but I wasn’t able to add them or see their profiles. I’ve deleted any type of program waste that there could be just in case.

My windows version is Windows 10 Home. Does anyone have any idea of why this happens and how can I fix it? Thank you very much!

1 Like

I have the same problem and I don’t know how to solve it; in my case I have windows 10 pro and I also tried installing an older version but I can’t send or receive messages

I found this 2009 installer not working

Uninstall Windows Live Essentials 2012 or 2011 and install Escargot, then install Windows Live Essentials 2009

1 Like

Doesn’t work either… I wonder why. My friends have the same version as me and all but it works for them.

is there any setup log? check out for it in temp folder or by using voidtools’ “everything”