Phantom-IM: The long awaited MySpaceIM revival

EDIT: THE PROJECT IS CURRENTLY OFFLINE, WILL RETURN AT A LATER POINT IN TIME!!!

MySpaceIM: Revived

Note: I will not provide support for self-hosting this service unless its for contribution purposes
Also I didn’t know where else to put this post, since there’s no MySpaceIM category or something similar

It finally happened, MySpaceIM has finally been revived and is almost ready (and its open source too, proudly written in Golang!)

Closed Alpha

If you would like to participate in the closed alpha of Phantom-IM, join the Discord (linked below) and open a ticket with an application to apply for Closed Alpha.
We’re also currently looking for moderators, you may also open a ticket for that if you’d like to apply

State of the project

So what’s missing and where can I help?

First up you can check out the github repo linked below in case you’d like to contribute or point out issues to us.
Secondly, be sure to join our Discord (linked below) for the latest news and updates!
Lastly, all current problems or missing features with MySpaceIM are listed on our pinned issue that can be found below in the Repo

Closing Notes

Also if anyone here has experience with YMSG or MSNP, please contact us on Discord (linked below) as we would really like to also implement those protocols into our service

And just to clarify, we do not intend to drive people away from Escargot or Phoenix by offering MSN and Yahoo aswell as other protocols in the future, I’m simply just interest in these old protocols and want to build a server myself for the fun of it and to learn

Links

Discord
GitHub Repo

4 Likes

Yes! I’ve been waiting for this!

What was MySpace IM?

instant messaging version of MySpace

That something… But link to discord is dead.

I’ve been working on a complete recode behind the scenes that supports load balancing and distributed servers. I’ll make a new post about it once its ready (probably in 2 decades)

hey there, well chimera’s site is like. not working. so can you try reviving the site

the site is offline and the domain expired. it was worth the cost as the project was inactive for half a year. i will buy a new domain once im ready to beta the service publically

oh, alright!
also seems like chimera IM is good :slight_smile:

as you can see, im still working on it

wow.

Are you the creator? idk if this is a dumb question but only does work with MySpace or even with Spacehey?

he is a creator of phantom/chimera only
and not spacehey or spacemy

yea im the creator. and no it does not work with MySpace/SpaceHey. This only shared your credentails with the main MySpace service, everything else was seperated.

spacehey and numyspace work nothing like og myspace did, and all attempts to do it properly have failed: if there was a proper myspace revival it still would not be compatible anyways

that and its also purely not in my interest to connect to SpaceHey or NuMySpace right now, as I have no involvement in either project and up until 4 seconds ago had not even heard of NuMySpace. if there will be any tie-in it will either be my own project, TheOpenbook (2004 fb revival thats written with Angular+Go) or SpaceHey but I doubt i’ll get the chance to integrate with spacehey, let alone manage the chaos that would be integration between two services

numyspace is just a term i made up on a whim to refer to modern myspace

also i had not heard of openbook up until a minute ago myself lol

yea openbook is still not out publically, currently lives on my harddrive. its a wip and has been on the backburner as ive focused more on my game engine and my im server project again