(OLD) BETA: Mercury Messenger for android with only MSNP11 support

Added buglist on main topic

2 Likes

What about the other ones Iā€™ve listed @Mateus_Rick ? :disappointed:

3 Likes

@LostJak

EDIT: I added the reported bugs. :wink:

In the cases of the emoticon, it is not really a bug. Mercury was made to work like WLM, which allows only 16x16 emoticons

2 Likes

I am not an Android developer. This hack of an APK was my first one :wink:

Because we donā€™t have the source code and the one produced by the decompiler is obfuscated (and also doesnā€™t decompile correctly sometimes), itā€™s basicaly impossible to do any change because the code is eally hard to understand and we canā€™t recompile it anyway.

With a lot of luck, we managed to patch it to make it connect to Escargot. And, again, with a lot of luck we patched it again (smali patching) to hopefuly fix the Network error. But these changes, even if long to discover, were just replacing or adding code: it was not needed to code new things, understand existing code.

For now, we will wait for MSNP15/21 support on Escargot. I may have another solution but I canā€™t talk about it yet.

I donā€™t know how the GUI works on Android app. There is a lot of XML files so they may be used for GUIā€¦
If you have such knowledge, please take a look at it using software like ā€œAPK Studioā€.

4 Likes

Added 4.0.2 Build 02 download link, @Old_Bill

4 Likes

Same problem even with Build 02

NetworkOnMainThreadException

1 Like

The way you have this error is different from us. We had this error when using the Conversations tab; not directly like you when you click on a contact.

If you can enable Debug in the app: (wrench icon) > Application Settings > System > Expert > Debugging > Log server communication

Reproduce the error and then you send us the content of the folder: Internal Storage (or SD Card) > Mercury > Debug.

We may be able to have a look at your error.

3 Likes

Mercury Messenger is perfect, well done.

The only thing is that I canā€™t add any contacts, wich doesnā€™t really matter to me. What bothers me is that I lose all my requests once I get on my computer, I canā€™t accept or add who added me unless I write it down somewhere and add them back later on the PC version. I had to add back everybody that added me yesterday.

So I just wanted to know if thereā€™s a solution to my problem? Thanks and sorry for my english.

3 Likes
  1. The truth is that we will make it clear that we can not fix any problems because it was released like this in the PlayStore.
  2. We do not have source code to work on patches. We know almost nothing about Java or how to create applications for Android. It was a bit lucky we were able to change the server so that it could work again. Even though it is decompiled, it is still encrypted.
  3. It was created to work like WLM, so when working with an older version of the MSNP server, it does not work properly.
  4. Unfortunately there is nothing to do on our part, it will never cease to be a BETA. Maybe someday some Android developer might pop in and fix this. :neutral_face:
4 Likes

i think that when escargot supports msnp15/18/21 a lot of problems of mercury will be fixed automatically it self.i think that msnp18 and above will work very good with mercury.back when mercury released, i was using it with mnsp18 and it had no problems at all (none of the problems mentioned).

3 Likes

For me it works, I can accept invitations normally. Iā€™m using Android 7.1.1

3 Likes

me also!! (Xperia Z here, 5.1.1)

3 Likes

Yes, donā€™t look a the bugs from others: as you noticed, itā€™s possible that you will not get them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

With me it gives this error. However, when you give the error, exit and enter again in your account and the contact will be added.

2 Likes

If you get a android.os.NetworkOnMainThreadException, you need to download the new version:

https://onedrive.live.com/download?cid=3ddd8b66adb3e1f3&resid=3DDD8B66ADB3E1F3!4032&authkey=!ABM4cjBrnLj6lms

4 Likes

will this be added to the play store because i am having trouble installing

2 Likes

No, it wonā€™t. We are not the authors of thisā€¦

3 Likes

Did you check to enable installing apps from unknown sources? Have you downloaded the APK directly from the Version 4.0.2 Build 02 link on your phone?

3 Likes

i says i need an sd card and you canā€™t transfer to this device

3 Likes

Follow this

3 Likes