[OBSOLETE] Select versions of old ICQ clients work! Here's how to get connected

This has nothing to do with Escargot. In fact, ICQ doesn’t have this issue, period. This is about @PPCB trying to reset his password on the site, and I’m pretty sure last time I checked, he uses Windows 7.

Im an idiot

Pretty much.

I HAVE THIS PROBLEM TOO

h

So it has come to my attention that even after 24+ hours, ICQ does not let you reset your password anymore if your account doesn’t have one on it. I am not completely sure if this is a new procedure the ICQ site has in place or if this is an error on their part, but if it doesn’t get fixed after a while, this may be the end of using legacy ICQ for new users.

OH NO

I set a password on mine :smiley:

Recently? :stuck_out_tongue:

Depends on how recently you consider recent.

Somewhere around 1 - 2 months. :stuck_out_tongue:

Two weeks ago, I think.

Interesting, interesting. :thinking:

I would like to think you’re lucky, but I’d also like to know, in order, how you registered and set up the ICQ account. Maybe I could trace back the issue or something. :stuck_out_tongue:

1. Set up account (with a friend’s phone number, I don’t have one of my own)
  2. Tried activating my account a couple times, to no avail.
  3. Waited the day until I could reset.
  4. Eventually was able to set the password

So normal procedures, basically. :stuck_out_tongue:

IDK, maybe @PPCB used a burner number, and ICQ prevented him from resetting his password, or he set the wrong area code when specifying his number.

I mean I spammed ICQ’s servers by requesting to reset my password about thirty times (not hyperbole)

i use a normal phone number from brazil , and i already tried even my UIN but it dont let me reset my password

Maybe spamming the reset password form would be your best option at the moment.

I used the phone number every time I tried.

I have a normal mexican post-paid phone number, I also tried spamming the damn form until I got tired (82 times, i counted) and it still doesn’t work, I don’t have any adblocker or something that can interfere with it so I’m clueless right now.