New Yahoo! Messenger Disovery: Yahoo! Insider

So while I was implementing some XML config stuff for Yahoo! Messenger that’s done over HTTP on the URL “insider.msg.yahoo.com/ycontent”, I had found that Yahoo! Messenger also sent a request for something at the index of the URL:

Curious to know what it was, I searched for an archive of the index URL, specifically, and found out some cool stuff.

So from looking at this archive, the URL now made more sense. Yahoo! Insider was hosted on it. Basically, it gave Messenger users the scoop on what was new with Yahoo! Messenger at the time and was basically a Yahoo! hub for those on Messenger, like AOL did back in the mid to late 90’s with their dial-up service and the accompanying AOL Desktop software.

OK. Maybe it’s more like AIM Today, but judging from the small size of the Yahoo! Insider site, Insider probably opened via a pop-up. Less annoying than AIM opening your browser. :stuck_out_tongue:

After this cool discovery, I have plans to make Escargot host some sort of “Escargot Insider” where the Yahoo! Insider page would usually be, with news and updates relating to Escargot. But of course, I’ll have to get @valtron’s stance on that first. :stuck_out_tongue:

See ya! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

actually, don’t take that credit, Chet, the Yahoo! C++ Server Dev, showed this in the debug log, not a big deal.

Don’t you mean Escargot Today for Y!Messenger?

Great idea, @OhHelloThereImTheGuy.
It would be actually cool

confimed block above
(ignoring me entirely)
not even a “shut up” or being him since the state.

Didn’t know @ChetSimpson found out the same thing. Good on him for figuring this out earlier than I did. :stuck_out_tongue:

you explained it though, at least.

Are you trying to tell @Deathlife23 that my discovery is worth nothing? Yes, @ChetSimpson found out that Yahoo! Insider stuff earlier than I did, but how does that devalue what I had found? I don’t stalk his GitLab every day. :confused:

no i’m not, it’s just… he wants to split… as far as i know.

Oh, you mean @ChetSimpson replying to you?

He seems to be off the air from my understanding, and I don’t think he invests a lot of time on this forum. :stuck_out_tongue:

sounds normal for server developers

AIM did a pop-up… when IE was the default browser…
still annoying with it’s size though.

1 Like

Don’t you understand?
I SAID IT’S COOL

I was talking to @ice lol. :stuck_out_tongue: