New Escargot website finished!

now THATS an original website

4 Likes

Please, don’t use the mexican flag to represent the spanish language.

2 Likes

What do you want? A lot of countries speak Spanish but there can be just one flag.
I put the mexican one just because of the “tradition”.
Btw, I didn’t see any canadians or english people complaining about the United States’ flag representing the english language, nor italian people complaining about the word ‘italian’ not being in italics :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

To make it easy and for the people does not complain much, do a European Spanish and Latin Spanish. In European you use the flag of Spain and in Latin you use the flag of Mexico.

1 Like

I think I could do it with a little bit of js…
But I’d like to ask, why be so triggered about just a menu? :b

1 Like

IDK :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Why not? MSN Messenger was onve the…

2 Likes

Well done! Thanks for your effort :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The US flag is much more recognizable as english language, as it is a world power. Also, in all menus i’ve seen Spanish is represented with the Spanish flag or a crossover between the Spanish flag and a latin-american one.

Of course, if you feel like having it like that, it’s perfectly fine. It’s just a menu, and you’ve done the webpage. It just felt strange for me. It’s like using the Australian flag to represent English. Yes, you know it’s English but I don’t know, it feels strange.

2 Likes

Also, when you are on the screen to select the MSN version, in English it says Get started with Escargot. In Spanish it says Empieza con Escargot, which is a literal translation that means, if you translate it literally “start (doing) with Escargot” more or less. It would be more correct “Empieza a usar Escargot”

I know it’s Google Translator, but I’m just trying to help.

1 Like

The UK is also a world power. So your argument is invalid.

2 Likes

I definitely prefer that one over the current one.

1 Like

Yes, but the US also is. I mean (even while spain isn’t a world power) it’s easier to think Spanish —> Spain than Spanish —> Mexico. English —> UK and US are equally recognizable.

But they are just flags: I just said what I thought, but if the designer of the page thinks they are OK like that, they are.

Edit: Also, in a Venezuelan web page they will use the Venezuelan flag, and in a US web page they will use the US flag for English.

2 Likes

is the website down? i can’t go on

Same, preview site not working now

Oh, I’m sorry. I was trying another hosting service and couldn’t change it back to InfinityFree because I was in school. It should be up again in like 2 minutes :slight_smile:

1 Like

now it’s back up

2 Likes

I’ve seen it now and I like it
I would only change the blue background for a lighter one
Better than the current

1 Like