My Possible Cases Of Lost Media?

I suspect the home picture on the phone was test image and/or part of the firmware as a sample/documentation. It seems like the kind of non-offensive image that would be used for that sort of thing.

With the other stuff, hopefully you might get some hits eventually or other memories might trigger more details. I have a similar list of video, music, and also an advert, that I’ve spent years looking for with various degrees of success. I recall that Christmas movie that was found last year, where they had an actual picture of the film, and that still took millions of people to find the source.

Luckily, I have been able to find all the significant childhood books I only vaguely remembered reading, and that took 10+ years of searching. My main method was to try to search for generalized plot points that I remembered that might be found in a book sales description. The last one was found on the scifi stack exchange, where someone was looking for the same book, and the answer had just been posted a few weeks before I went searching again.

For physical items, saved eBay searches can really be useful, even without fulling knowing what you’re looking for. For many years, I was looking for a specific Tails keychain, I had no idea what company made it, or any description beyond “tails keychain”, but one day the saved search was triggered, and there it was. Then again earlier this year, 8+ years later, there was a new batch of them for sale.

if this topic was about people chatting about their OWN cases of lost media, for me the nearest thing of being lost media would be a unity browser game from the netherlands, idk how it was, i know it was similar to those driving school games you could get on your phone, i meant nearest thing of being lost media, cause it was “partially found” (for me atleast), cause i know a bit of the game and is listed on the 2014-15 archived versions of pacogames website (check internet archive’s wayback machine), and the name was there, it is kind of long and hard to memorize so, i’ll not type it here, but it didnt get on time to flashpoint.

1 Like

I had case of lost media few months ago, is might be very local thing
(cuz is a valve thing right from 2002-2003 lol)
So. The hl1110_to_Steam.exe
How i know, this exe file did updated WON version of HL1 to steam one, like back then in 2002 nobody really had good internet connect, so is was better to share the file than updating from any service.
Maybe there are people who did know about this file?

Half Life 1.11 to Steam?

hl_1110 version to steam standard ver, like patches!

Is it smth like this bear? (found it on a random GIF but can’t see the name)

Nah, it was “live action”. Pretty sure it was puppets.

My possible case of lost media will start with this music:

I have just found this music while going into the Cut the Hope 1080p WebAssembly version website. It sounds kinda like a licensed music that haven’t got to the final version of Cut the Hope, but I can tell that the first 15 seconds have been used in the DEMO Paylock video. After searching, no results from the APK nor the video so far

The only device that had the app was from Positivo Mini (not Mini Quad, but even older). Unfortunately, I don’t have it anymore

After a bit of searching, I have actually found the entire app in only 1 website afterall

My biggest case of lost media is Poisson, aka the prequel prototype of Transformice

Me and my friend Taiko (currently inactive) found the long lost source code for the server that not even Tigrounette (the original developer) had

We did launch a revival (linked on my profile to this very day), but the domain expired and i haven’t bothered to relaunch it

It’s in my planned projects, i just have other priorities (like my IT company and school)