MultiMessenger - A tool which allows for multiple Windows Live Messenger installations

Note: You should have an already existing Windows Live Messenger install before using this as Windows Live Messenger needs a few dependencies.

So, while I wait for a response on my Escargot development server error post, I decided to make a batch file which allows for multiple Windows Live Messenger installations. This project took me several hours.

Requirements before using:
curl (curl for Windows, once downloaded, extract curl and then add the bin folder inside the folder you extracted to your PATH. Also install the certificate included.)
unzip (UnZip for Windows, just install and add the installation directory to your PATH.)

Download: https://github.com/hypocracys/MultiMessenger/releases/download/1.0/MultiMessenger.bat

Github page: GitHub - hypocracys/MultiMessenger: MultiMessenger is a simple batch script that allows you to have more than one Windows Live Messenger Installation.

I would generally recommend using this tool for downloading vanilla clients to patch, since the Patched clients could be outdated in the future.

Have fun!

P.S: This was tested on a vista machine, if any problems should occur then please reply to this post.

P.S #2: The messenger versions are installed in %HOMEPATH%.

3 Likes

That’s a cool tool, message

Thank you!

1 Like

You’re welcome message