Msn plus live have virus!?!?

my windows 7 found a VIRUS in the msn plus live setup.]
HELP ME PLEASE
Capturar

hOW I FIX THIS?in the error bx says:
the operation could not be completed why the file have a virus

You must add the program to Windows Defender’s exclusions.

1. Open Windows Defender Security Center .
  2. Click Virus & threat protection .
  3. Click the Virus & threat protection option.
  4. Under “Exclusions,” click the Add or remove exclusions option.
  5. Click the Add an exclusion button.
  6. Select the content you want to exclude from Windows Defender Antivirus, such as:
  • File — Excludes only one file per exclusion.
  • Folder — Excludes a folder and its content, including sub-folders.
  • File type — Instead of excluding files and folder locations, you can configure the antivirus to ignore files with a specific extension no matter their location.
  • Process — Excludes background processes by name.
  1. Continue with the on-screen directions to add the new exclusion depending on your selection. (For example, if you select File , you simply need to browse and select the file you want to exclude. Or if you select the File type option, you only need to enter the extension of the file format to skip during scans.)

Once you complete these steps, you may need to repeat the instructions to exclude other items you don’t want the antivirus to scan to avoid false positives.

Source: How to exclude files and folders from Windows Defender Antivirus scans | Windows Central

Every good antivirus will detect the Messenger Plus! setup as a malware because it have a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) with it.

yeah some support toolbar/adware that everyone doesn’t care about.

Ahem thats for 1703 or what version that added the new Windows Defender.

Sorry, I am actually ill and I didn’t realise our mate was talking about Windows 7.

He’s prob using a 3rd party antivirus (I’m guessing Avast)