MSN Chat is back!

…this didn’t quite fit into any other category…

We’ve been working on bringing MSN Chat back for some time, we now have a working product that may be able to be integrated into Messenger. :smiley:

Due to the requirement of Internet Explorer, we’re using a separate application to host the MSN Chat Control. We do plan on having an IE version soon.

Info/Source: msnld-client/README.md at master · MSNLD/msnld-client · GitHub
Download: Tags · MSNLD/msnld-client · GitHub

We’re interested in working on bringing back MSN Messenger, too. We have a custom server and a Microsoft Server. Not sure we’ll go down this road though.

7 Likes

A clever take on an old friend :slight_smile:. Perhaps I missed it, but I don’t recall seeing anyone doing this previously by hosting the COM control in a separate winform app (as opposed to hosting IE instead).

Small side note, it’s been a while since I’ve seen the chat control, it’s funny how some of the aesthetic fits in with the current Windows styles (ie. curved rectangles).

2 Likes

thank you very much for your project

as for this–>We’re interested in working on bringing back MSN Messenger, too. We have a custom server and a Microsoft Server. Not sure we’ll go down this road though.

check my post here → https://wink.messengergeek.com/t/im-on-the-only-human-in-the-world-with-a-original-wlm-2012-back-from-the-day-i-think/20764

i can drop an idea if you gonna be occupied with the project :slight_smile: :
''connect"" WLM2012 (msnp21) with the Skype (if msnp24 still exists https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Notification_Protocol) in order to use the official ms server again–even the basic use like chatting.

too pity he abandoned the project…

bro leaked his ip

what do you mean ? who leaked his ip?

the screenshot: MSN has detected that you are cconnected from this chat session from the IP address 192.168.2.197, and Couldn’t resolve your hostname; using your IP address instead

Well, Duh. Every IRC server does it, Not just MSN.