More amusing Yahoo! Messenger dialogs (5.5)

First off, misspellings that I hope don’t appear in the actual Messenger application:

nice%20grammer%20yahoo

lol what’s an “agreemnet?” :wink:

Second off, supposed AIM and ICQ interoperability. Where can I get this? :stuck_out_tongue:

aim%20on%20yahoo
aim%20on%20yahoo%202
aim%20on%20yahoo%203

icq%20on%20yahooicq%20on%20yahoo%202

And finally, buttons in place of images:

why%20the%20B%20button%20in%20place%20of%20an%20icon

If you don’t know what this dialog is supposed to look like, here’s an image:

status%20message%20dialog

The funniest part is that the button is actually labelled “B,” which I find amusing, either as an initial for “Busy,” or is just a cut-off generic “ButtonX” label that Yahoo! didn’t care to remove. Either way, Yahoo!'s dev team is pretty weird with these dialogs. :stuck_out_tongue:

To be honest, I like these amusing dialogs. Kind of gives me a behind the scenes of Yahoo! Messenger’s development process. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This is really interesting, I wonder how far back through the versions these dialogs are there.

Based on the “will not be sent to Yahoo or stored by Yahoo” verbiage, it sounds like it would work like old-school Messenger AIM support.

1 Like

Basically, that’s probably the case. But I don’t know how to get this interop enabled as of now. Maybe if I had more skill in reverse enginnering/debugging, I could see what triggers the interop feature(s). :stuck_out_tongue:

I also want to let you know that the AIM interop IS implemented in the main YPager.exe file from searching for the “login.oscar.aol.com” URL (along with the TOC URL), basically meaning that it isn’t a scrapped feature that was hidden in a random resource DLL. :slight_smile:

1 Like

wut is this O.o

Yahoo! Messenger dialogs from its resource DLL (res_msgr.dll) that I opened in Resource Hacker. :stuck_out_tongue:

this is how you make the messenger?

Me? Made Yahoo! Messenger? ROFL.

I examined the existing resources in a more than a decade old IM program out of boredom, and found me some bones to pick. :stuck_out_tongue:

lol where :thinking:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\Messenger\res_msgr.dll :stuck_out_tongue:

it’s something you disagree to, however it still lets you use it.

Thanks you for pointing out the obvious. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just hope your brain didn’t auto correct the misspelling. :wink:

auto correction is banned in yellowland because it’s gey

How rude of you. Wasn’t needed now, and definitely wouldn’t be necessary in the first place. :frowning:

Who knew that AOL and Yahoo! had intergration back then… and now they are owned by the same company! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

IKR? :stuck_out_tongue:

Who flagged my replies?

I didn’t; hell, I’ve been at school all day

Not me. But as I said before, was that really needed? :confused:

I know it wasn’t neccesary, but again, I don’t care. (now this reply gets flagged)