Microsoft is shutting down its online versions of Hearts, Spades, Checkers and more

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3409101/microsoft-hearts-spades-checkers-shuttind-down.html

In a Community post, Microsoft has announced that its versions of Internet Backgammon, Checkers, Spades, Hearts, Reversi and MSN Go are indeed going away. Support for the games on Windows 7 will end on January 22, 2020, the same day that support for Windows 7 officially ends.

“We truly appreciate all the time and passion you’ve put into Microsoft Internet Games,” Microsoft said in a blog post, reported earlier by Engadget. “This has been a great community. However, the time has come for us, along with our hardware and software partners, to invest our resources towards more recent technologies so that we can continue to deliver great new experiences.”

At the end of the support dates, the games will no longer be playable, Microsoft said. Microsoft didn’t explain why the games would have a longer shelf life on its newer operating systems.

5 Likes

MS always having to destroy old things. MS can’t stand the idea of sticking with old games, or old applications. MS always needs to constantly change things.

it is very weird… i hate old things being deleted…

1 Like

well thats sad. i used to play those a lot.
i guess its a part of things moving forward but that doesnt make it suck any less.

Just money talking.

1 Like

which is exactly why i hate modern microsoft. they used to listen to the users and not the dollars

1 Like

Microsoft didn’t use to listen to users as well :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

someone doesn’t like change it seems

move on people

well apple did when steve was alive and running the company

you’re holding the phone wrong

you’re not supposed to eat it?

they said ms paint was going to “die”

but they kept it in windows 11

Microsoft right now only cares about money and modern SHlT now

who doesn’t