Looking for nostalgia sites

I am looking for site like bit view that give that experience of being on an old site it would be helpful if I could find any sites that look like that

TheOldNet exists. (theoldnet.com). It works on older browsers, I have tested it on Netscape, IE, and DreamKey (DreamKey is a Sega Dreamcast browser. It comes as a standalone disc, or is bundled on games like Sonic Adventure 1 and 2.)

TheOldNet also has a proxy server that once configured correctly, if you type in a normal link (e.g www.google.com) it will load the webpage from the year you specified, as if it was the actual site. I’ll provide some screenshots:

The Old Net running under Firefox 112

The Old Net running under Dreamkey. (Specifically the version that comes bundled with Sonic Adventure 2.)

For the Proxy server, configure it as the following:

KEEP IN MIND THAT THINGS THAT NEED A DIRECT CONNECTION SUCH AS ESCARGOT, DISCORD OR ANY SEARCH ENGINE WILL NOT WORK WITH THE PROXY ENABLED. THIS IS BECAUSE THEOLDNET UTILISES THE WAYBACK MACHINE TO RETRIEVE THE SITES. TO USE THESE, FIRST DISABLE THE PROXY!

• Address: theoldnet.com
  • Port: Set this to the year you want to pull the website from, ranging from 1994 - 2012. (E.G: Setting the port to 2000 will retrieve websites from the year 2000.)
  • Click advanced, and make sure the advanced settings are configured exactly like this:
1 Like

So you’re from europe, right?

Yes

Huh, nice! Israel is kinda european too, despite being in asia and being part of the middle east, We seriously got CE and PEGI (and UKCA recently)

We have those too, but the government are trying to phase out the CE markings, for UKCA to take its place. Could be due to my country leaving the E.U.

Admit it, this place was cool

The Sonic Adventure 1/2 Dreamarena is still going, including the BBS etc, so you can still download the DLCs. There are no modifications needed, it’s still all at the same links!

The Sonic Adventure 2 landing page. (Not the HTML that loads upon clicking “Home Page” from the SA2 menu)

Still Active!

BBS

Dreampipe

Theme DLCs downloaded just now, as an example

1 Like

There’s also this page: https://ericexperiment.com/
Just click around and see what you can discover! Like the olden days of the WWW!

1 Like