Looking for feedback on an upcoming video series set in the early 2000s!

Heya! There is this video series I’ve been dying to make for a while now, and I could totally need some feedback! The series will follow the life of Alyssa, a high schooler living in Salt Lake City, Utah, as she navigates the internet and tries to keep her relationships stable as teenage drama unfolds.

The story and narrative will be told entirely through Alyssa’s computer with the use of authentic Windows 2000 interfaces, MSN Messenger chatlogs, and more. My goal with this video series is to tell a powerful story while keeping the actual experience as authentic and realistic as possible.

I’ve made a short sample video that demonstrates the basic concept for you guys, if you are interested. I could really need some feedback! Does this sound interesting to you? Would it be enjoyable? I personally think it has a lot of potential. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really love it

What is the genre of it? What would be the ending?
Also, it’s pretty cool that you’re doing something that is actually pretty familiar to Emily is Away. Is it an inspiration to it?

If you want to make it accurate, you can make the text a bit smaller and get the correct sounds; it seems like it’s not accurate https://youtu.be/FGJtu3wivks?si=f7Jg3LDfC7u9PkGO (it’s the 1999-2002 one)

But other than these, that is looking pretty good so far
Nice job

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Absolutely. I forgot to include that in my post, but Emily is Away is literally my main source of inspiration for this project, and I think it’s pretty obvious :stuck_out_tongue: I absolutely adore that game.

Also, yeah I am aware that the sounds aren’t accurate. I DID deliberately use newer sounds just because I prefer them more, but I’ll definitely have to change that to fit the version (MSN Messenger 2.2) later on :slight_smile:

Thanks for your feedback! I really do appreciate it :slight_smile:

Omg I played Emily is away too!

1 Like

Omg I actually love the game. Too bad it only has one ending :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I abt to finish it

1 Like

The dev actually released two more games tho they cost big money

1 Like

I’ll check if they are on steam and then I might buy it

Technically you’ll end up into the same thing, but it has different endings. One of them is actually hard to get but it’s possible
I just don’t know how to get it tho (but it has a wiki into how to get them all)

1 Like

so there is a secret ending?

Maybe ig