Japanese Train Station still using Windows 2000

On October 10, a fire broke out at the JR Warabi AC substation in Saitama Prefecture, causing power outages at many stations near Tokyo.
Due to the power outage, the Windows 2000 startup screen was displayed on the electric bulletin board at Omiya Station, and various comments were received from foreigners who saw the pictures.

4 Likes

fuck… how accidents cause discovery

1 Like

I know right lol.

ほとんどのプログラムは、WINDOWS 2000 でのみ実行されます。 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I saw now,They should have been upgrading to windows 10 (or windows 11 if compatible).

2 Likes

these systems look pretty outdated and might handle up to XP

1 Like

Nearly all PCs from Windows 2000 are ACPI-compatible so they can handle up to windows 7 or 10 (if they support SSE2,im sure?).

1 Like

maybe 11 as well

1 Like

Only if the processor supports TPM 2.0,i think?

1 Like

what kind of machine from '99 would support TPM 2.0

1 Like

TPM was introduced in 2009,so chance might be probably rare or nothing.

My Sandy Bridge Intel Celeron G530 processor does not support TPM 2.0 but supports VT-x (before that,i thought it did not support until one of the people that know me on scrarch told me that it supports).

1 Like

It is normal since few people know is that most ATMs still run on windows xp and are safe because companies have a system called IPS this is an Intrusion prevention system is a software that exercises access control on a computer network to protect computer systems from attack and abuse. this system works between the firewall and the lan network.

DETECT MAC OR IPS ADDRESSES AND IF IT IS NOT AUTHORIZED, BLOCK IT

1 Like

yeah but windows 10 is next to unusable below this kind of hardware
core 2 quad
6/8gb of RAM
SSD
and those computers obviously don’t have that kind of hardware

2 Likes

teh fux how is this real

1 Like

maybe version of windows for embeded system could handle it

1 Like

Bruh, installing Windows 10 on a computer likely from the 2000’s is definitely not the best idea.
These machines just do the same thing everytime, which is show the Train info, nothing is going to change if you upgrade, so why even bother?
Windows 10 is almost unusuable on these super old machines. You also need to remember, does the machine even has drivers for it?

1 Like

yeah most of these i assumed is Pentium III

You do know 11 requires TPM 2, which even some modern-ish hardware doesnt work with it. Also UEFI and Secure Boot, unless they just swap the drive out and have modern hardware already running this, chances are no.

2 Likes