Is skype 5 coming back?

I saw a discord server wich it says will revive skype 3.8-5.
If u want to enter i will leave a link!
Stay safe!

Wow, this sounds really interesting, I’m curious how far they’ve gotten. If it’s allowed, can you tell us more about it for those who don’t want to use Discord?

1 Like

Hi, I’m an administrator of that project. Well we have Skype 5.5’s source code if I’m not wrong and we’re on our way to fix it. I am currently working on the website so I don’t know much about the client itself. To find more about this project, it kinda is recommended to join the Discord Server.

2 Likes

Well @TReKiE, At this moment i dont know so many things, but
we are making progress. Old Skype was theoretically the Discord of the years 2000- 2010, but how Microsoft aquired Skype in 2011, was the end of Skype
as we knew it…

2 Likes

Hello back! Ive got a posible model of the layout for website! (Not url for now) Thanks to Domino#2725!

1 Like

Is this thing going to be open source? I’m asking this because you might be doing crap with the skype source code to make it work with a different server.

icanttellyou is always salty

2 Likes

yeah, it will be open source, but i won’t guarantee that it will be. -fex

1 Like

yeah i think this is a troll. skype 7 and older were shutdown so skype 8 could be used. plus if you really have the source code, publish it. or atleast make doucmentation.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I was thinking not too long ago that old Skype source was due for a leak, given the age and how many hands have gone through it by now. Website looks nice, great work.

Well it’s actually more complicated than that. The versions we’re talking about are fully peer-to-peer with clients acting as nodes and supernodes in a decentralized encrypted network, and use their own protocol to do it. The later Skype 7 versions rely on central Microsoft servers and MSNP24. Sort of oranges vs apples when talking about trying to make them work again.

1 Like

Im intrested in this so i joined.

Hello, sorry for being gone for a while. I have a surprise coming in the next few weeks, as a little apology for the wait. Thank you - Tav

1 Like

this is interesting

1 Like

Is this still up, any discord link?

1 Like

No, it never even came out

There isn’t a server anymore

rn close a treat

no.

there still is

Can you please invite me? My discord Павлосик#7043 or just send a link here
Thanks