I'm very scared about this... my computer still has msn 3.0 from msn explorer

HELP PLEASE HOW DO I COMPLETELY UNNINSTALL MSN MESSENGER 3.0 FROM MY COMPUTER MANUALLY WITHOUT USING PROGRAMS AND FEATURESSSSS
altough i need to reinstall msn explorer
edit: nothing worked out

bruh

Have you tried ZapMessenger?

Knowing the problem (error messages, steps, etc.) you’re trying to fix would be helpful, because there’s no other graceful method.

But to guess what your problem might be, the older Messenger installers use the Advpack/INF installer from 9x days, which execute using rundll32.exe. Unfortunately the creators of Messenger’s INF didn’t know 64-bit would exist in the future, so 64-bit versions of Windows will try using the 64-bit version of rundll32 which won’t be able to find Messenger’s 32-bit registry keys.

Not sure what Windows version you’re using for this, so the only method that will work on all versions is to open an elevated [run as administrator] command prompt, then type or copy/paste the command for the 32-bit version:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\Windows\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove
and press Enter/Return to execute it.

If you get an access denied error, again, without knowing what Windows version you’re using, it’s impossible to give full directions, but it’s usually the registry keys for Remote Assistance, which is still part of Windows. These two RA keys can be found at:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\MessengerService\SessionManager\Apps

Since it’s a part of Windows, the keys will be owned by the TrustedInstaller user, which is why you get the error. You’ll need to take ownership of both keys and take ‘Full Control’. The UI to do this is identical to permissions in Explorer, and/or you can easily search on the web for instructions. I’d suggest exporting that key before you go ahead as the INF uninstaller will obliterate these registry keys, and you can re-import them afterwards. The imported keys will be owned by the Admin user instead, so this won’t have to be repeated either.

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like

will it uninstall msn messenger 2009(wich is the version i use)?

1 Like

Of course it will.

i was reffering to wlm 09

1 Like

I know that, and yeah, like I said, it will.

I think he is using Windows 7.

1 Like