iBuddy messenger "gadget"

When I was seven, I got a tour of Microsoft at Schiphol Airport here in the Netherlands, here I got an iBuddy. An iBuddy is a gimmicky notification “gadget”-thing that makes a certain movement or such, as you might or might not see in the video, when certain things happen in MSN messenger (there are libraries for many programming languages which you can mess with nowadays). Sadly, I lost it years later. Does anyone own one or has anyone previously owned one?
4 Likes

Where’s the video ?

It’s there now, I’m not familiar with discourse so I thought it used bbcode for youtube videos.

It’s ok

https://www.ebay.com/itm/I-BUDDY-MSN-MESSENGER-BLU-E-VERDE/352029418320?hash=item51f696a350:g:7igAAOSwPhdU0Lfr

i found it on ebay, but its from like, countrys away, so idk if this interests you.

1 Like

I want one of those but I don’t know if it would ever work with my computer. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would love to have one of those sitting on my desk, it could probably be configured to work with Escargot. If I had lots of money I would buy one on eBay in a flash.

I had some friends with these, and as far as I can recall, the software uses the Messenger API so they would still work fine now. However, I don’t recall how the drivers worked, whether or not they were simple HID devices or something specialized (and if so, possibly might not have 64-bit drivers).

Personally, I wasn’t too keen on this gadget idea. I imagine it would drive me crazy :stuck_out_tongue:

LMAO just imagine the constant “fluttering” 24/7. Sounds like Satan trying to chop down wood to remind you of your doom just as you got the thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

choppa-choppa-choppa chop! chop! choppa-choppa-choppa- :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I live near that product seller lol