I think i found some stuff about msn chat

http://www.ker95.com/html/msn_chat.html
But it gets even better:

Okay I fucking need this.
But I also like, have no idea what it is. It’s looks like some sort of early group chat thingy? Seems cool, though.

YOUR FUCKING AVATAR MAN

yea its sorta like Xat but older

Ah, It still looks really cool none the less.
Of course it’s probably hella hard to find anything on it and It’ll never be revived, cause that’s how things like this go.

yea

2 posts and you’re already one of the people here with the best personalities imo :stuck_out_tongue:

Welp, as always, the wayback machine is useless.
W o o .

f

not really, it did help us many times tbh.

(shot)

Yet I’ve made more progress in my MSN Chat endeavors. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

MSN chat was not Java based.

It was running IRCX protocol (Microsoft’s take on IRC). It was released with Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 and you could install it however. However, it was a very slimed down version of what MSN Chat was.

This was the Extreme Team chat room which would work with TechGear007 a website that would publish tools that end users created and you could use them to connect to MSN Chat and manage your rooms. Which were loosely not allowed rarely enforced. Typically some Visual Basic apps or modified MIRC clients running addons to create the connection to MSN.

The actual screenshot appears to be the ViperBot which would use the official MSN chat Web chat tool and allow you to automate functions while running your chat room.

Needless to say I don’t recall writing that in the chat room however I must have been around 14 or 15 years old. I am now pushing mid-30s.

These experiences in MSN CHAT made me excel at my careers I am in today by learning coding at such a young age.

MSN was eventually shut down due to lack of profitability and its long gone. However at one point in time it was definitely the place to be where we would create chat rooms for other teens and have them blowing up with 300 teens at once.

When we would create chat rooms people would only join rooms that were full of people. I had an idea and had developed a program that no one knew about. It used 100 fake emails that I had created with fake user profiles, I then would join all the fake users in a chat room and would randomly read a text file that I had gathered earlier in the day from a real chat room along with the nicknames. The bots would all sit there and mindlessly talk to each other. Now with the room full of bots talking in the chat room it would appear at the very top of the list and many real people would start to join. Within 30-60 minutes we would have a room with 100+ real people and the bots would slowly leave.

These were some good times.

1 Like

LOL good to see my own screenshots on here , was a good time on MSN.

LovedoctorCasa

1 Like