I don't understand what "edit" means in Escargot's page

refers to WLM 2006, 2008/9, 2011 and 2012, skype did not seem to affect the install process.

I don’t have that. I get this kind of errors:

seems like this is the first time i’ve seen this, that’s strange, "Failed to write value “CLSID” to Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\PROTOCOLS\Handler\msnim", strange, as i have that exact value in my registry.

When you run the MSI, did you get a prompt to allow the application to make changes?

This is incorrect, versions of Messenger up to Windows Live Messenger are portable on XP and above. Registry keys will be added when it first starts.

thank you for your infomation.

If you ever do install MSN, add me: yellows111@winmessenger47.escargot, also, if you’re in IE (for some reason), and using MSN Messenger 7.5, use msnim:add?contact=yellows111@winmessenger47.escargot.

1 Like

Here’s the files for Spanish 7.5, normally, you should be able to just unzip them to a folder of your choice and run the msnmsgr.exe file, make a shortcut and be good to go.

It may not work though if there’s other PC problems going on though.

1 Like

@TReKiE It worked! Thanks! Oh, and sorry for not answering, first day limitations :confused:
@yellows111 I’ll probably make a chat :slight_smile:

1 Like

BUGS BBUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
first the msn patched isnot working in windows 32!
second its very hard edit it HXD dont show any link of it!
i think its more easy use other version

Use Notepad++

If you’re referring to the reply above, then that was over a year ago. And from looking at their profile, they haven’t gone onto the forum since November 2017. Also, they don’t seem to know how HxD works. :stuck_out_tongue:

Or if you’re referring to the OP, they have already got their problem covered. :stuck_out_tongue:

IMO Notepad++ is not really suited to be a hex editor, you can use it as a viewer but if you use it to edit anything, the executable will break one needs to be extra careful and you’re better off with a tool intended for that purpose.

1 Like

Wow. Didn’t know Notepad++ had the same binary compatibility as Notepad. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nope, I have patched MSN Messenger and WLM in that application and it has worked for me (it has almost never failed me)

Alrighty, I stand corrected (and edited my post), I made a smaller edit to test again and it worked this time. I’m guessing I accidentally removed a hidden character? That’s the sort of mistake that would be avoided using a hex editor really, because it’s obvious to what you’re doing, what you’re editing and where you are in the binary (and automatic backups if you mess up).

To each their own though :stuck_out_tongue:

Now I feel stupid for saying that Notepad++ was Notepad. :stuck_out_tongue: