I create a new Internet Browser for Messenger Geek and escargot users :)

Welcome to MessengerGeek.

1 Like

Of course, I can’t make a browser, I am not an “expert developer”, and I never think I am. However, a broswer a quite a complicated piece of software, which requires many components to work together, many broswer has a render engine in order to make modern web browsing experience smoother. It’s not as easy as you think, not an IE frame in Visual Studio. You will need to understand how exactly a browser works in order to make it. Or this project will be forgotten like many other projects on this forum such as CatMessenger. And you might get your account banned if you make too many of these because we have seen to many projects like this.

Start with something little. Writing console applications is not bizarre, in fact, it is better than start writing GUI in the first place.

What do you expect from @TReKiE anyway, do you want him to teach you how to write Hello, World?!?!?! And @TReKiE is not Escargot dev.

actually as of a couple months ago trekie is a escargot dev

Not exactly an Escargot developer. He just gained remote access to the servers and maintains them.

1 Like

still counts as being engaged in the project😛

And what advantages does this browser offer (apart from starting with the Messengergeek website)?

being an IE frame that if IE gets removed the browser wont work

1 Like

TReKiE close this

Not funny, didn’t laugh. Seriously. I didn’t laugh.

What the heck? I didn’t make a joke.

I know you didn’t, just the “TReKiE Close this” thing kinda felt like a dick move.

Lol

1 Like

huh.

could I download it? I wanna take it for a test drive,

By default IEFrame won’t be using the IE11 settings

Open your main .vb file in a code editor, and put this in

Private Sub VB FILE NAME_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

My.Computer.Registry.SetValue("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION", "EXENAME.exe", "11001", Microsoft.Win32.RegistryValueKind.DWord)
    My.Computer.Registry.SetValue("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION", "EXENAME.vshost.exe", "11001", Microsoft.Win32.RegistryValueKind.DWord)
    My.Computer.Registry.SetValue("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BEHAVIORS", "EXE NAME.exe", "1", Microsoft.Win32.RegistryValueKind.DWord)

End Sub

Of coure make sure the edit the “EXE NAME’s” and the “VB FILE NAME” to the appropriate ones

here’s it in action!

I created a new IE frame for Messenger Geek and escargot users :stuck_out_tongue:

@TReKiE Close this

I caught ya this time.

so
damn
true

can u dont