How to properly setup Skype 5.5 with "live:" or normal microsoft accounts

Hello, for those who are trying to use Skype 5.5 but don’t have an old skype name, i’ve made this (Thanks to @anon50801480 and @PPCB for the help)

First of all, you need skype 7.36 (Keep in mind this is not the latest skype, but the last 7.xx version to be supported.)
Download: Skype Download - Connect with anyone, anywhere through video calls and messaging.

And then, download skype 5.5 if you don’t have it already: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0QZbkUatQzsY1hjSmtDeFJpVHc/view?usp=sharing

Starting off, Open Skype 7.36 and login to your microsoft account. After logging in, you don’t need to do anything in 7.36, just quit it (Don’t log-off)

Now, go to your Appdata Roaming folder, in case, the skype folder inside of it (most likely localized in C:\Users<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Skype). You can also open it by typing in your search bar in the start menu for %appdata% and then going to the skype folder

Delete these 2 files:
This is absolutely necessary for it to work, if you don’t delete those, skype 5.5 will log you off right in the start and you will have to do it right from the start (in this case, logging into 7.36)

Now, open Skype 5.5, and you should be logged in :smile:

Observation: You can’t add contacts on skype 5.5, to do so, add them by your phone or by skype 7.36, im not sure of this.

Have fun.

7 Likes

ok, now THIS is epic!

1 Like

epic… EPICAL…

Another useful thread. Cool :stuck_out_tongue:

if you have an old skype name (without the live: prefix), you dont have to do this proccess
btw, add me live:eper98 (might make a new acc soon) :stuck_out_tongue:

Sadly, everytime you restart Windows, you need to do that trick again :stuck_out_tongue:

no? for me it never happens. skype stays logged in fine

Here, Skype 5.5 does logon, but, after 10 seconds, logoff.

for me, i do have to do the trick again ever time i close skype 5.5

rip everyone who doesnt have a real account still because those were the good old days

1 Like

last time i ever used skype was, remember messenger reviver? Back in 2016 i remember using messenger 2012 for a very short while, somehow i had my skype contact list.

I think at some point they merged the contact list or it was patched to use it :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah but i didn’t had anyone on skype.

Well IDK :cat2:

Thinking of creating an automatic program for this though that runs on startup and deletes those files for you :stuck_out_tongue:

With basic .BAT knowledge this can be possible.

well duhhhhhhhh :stuck_out_tongue:

For those who are lazy, here you go :stuck_out_tongue: accptch.exe (197.4 KB)
Just add this to startup :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Haha, if only it worked now

Spoiler; it fucking doesn’t

Screenshot_3

It’s gone…

1 Like