How to keep using "modern stuff on the web" with latest Chrome for XP/Vista

Well, all i had to do is change the user agent to some stupid shit, ie:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 69; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/69000.0.1453.94 Safari/537.36

Change your browser version on the user agent to some really high number that you won’t ever need to change and NT 10 or 8.2 but i didn’t really care lul

4 Likes

Interesting… The problem itself is the security vulnerabilities it has, since the last supported version is of 2 years ago (2016). So I still prefer to use a supported browser (like Mypal or Yandex).

nice

2 Likes

well,

eh, just get an antivirus or something instead of this overpriced piece of metal

The problem is not just malware. For example, the Spectre vulnerability that affects Chrome and other browsers has not been fixed since Windows XP stopped in version 49. Exploits and zero-day attacks still exist, although some antivirus solutions that support Windows XP (such as Avast/AVG and Panda) have Behavioral Analysis, it is difficult to control (at most Malwarebytes with its module Anti-Exploit, which is paid).

insert sad face here
aww

1 Like

Yeah but some CSS properties wouldn’t work on old browsers, which could end in badly displayed websites :frowning:

1 Like

at least it doesn’t nag you to UPDATE YOUR BROWSER OR THE WORLD WILL EXPLODE!!!11111111111ONEONEONEONEONEONE

k ill stop

2 Likes

Well, that’s a point in favor :stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue: